03 November 2011, 10:04
Eurasian Union should play the most active part in world destiny, Russian Church official believes
Moscow, November 3, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate is inspired with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's idea to set up the Eurasian Union.
"I hope the Eurasian Union will enter the history as one of the strongest international associations which will positively influence on everything happening in the world and especially among nations-organizers," head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said at the Weekly Comment program on the Soyuz Orthodox TV channel.
According to him, the Union should "refine original political culture of our countries that wouldn't be blindly copied from this or that source, usually a Western one, but will be rooted in centuries-old traditions of our politics, our principles of cooperation between people and authorities, our models of ways how people belonging to various classes participate in certain decisions of authorities, in correcting the course of authorities."
Besides, the priest believes the Eurasian Union should play "the most active part in world destiny and its certain regions whether the Balkans, the Middle East, the Latin America and so on."
According to him, today no nation can survive alone and adequately influence global processes and thus its own destiny and "the fact of setting up above-national organizations in Africa, in Islamic world, in South and North America proves it."
Father Vsevolod expressed hope that members of the Eurasian Union will mutually support each other "not only in paper, but in practice, in those situations when support is needed, when a nation faces economic difficulties or a danger of outside pressure or inner quarrel provoked by outside forces."
"Russia shouldn't be Europe's policeman as it is called again after forming the Collective Security Treaty Organization, but should fraternally help nations in the situations when their historical choice is raped or changed without their will," he is convinced.
- High-ranking Russian Orthodox Church rep objects to ban on consecration of WMDs 25 February 2020, 18:33
- Islamist from Donbass arrested in Kazan 25 February 2020, 11:02
- Three religious extremists detained in Kazan 20 February 2020, 18:30
- Putin calls to halt any religious discord 20 February 2020, 13:25
- All Russian Orthodox Church parishes in Southeast Asia to pray for riddance of coronavirus 19 February 2020, 18:41
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57