09 December 2011, 15:32
Soldiers of Caliphate claims terrorists killed in Kazakhstan are its members
Almaty, December 9, Interfax - The Internet website Long War Journal has posted a translation of a statement made by terrorist group The Jund al Khilafah, or Soldiers of Caliphate, which says that the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai in the Almaty Region are its combatants.
On Saturday, December 3... the renegade forces...attacked the headquarters in the village of Boraldai where five lions from Zahir Baibars Battalion from the Jund al Khilafah had gathered... They (the group members) killed the two assailants... The treacherous forces encircled the location of the Battalion lions, firing various shells at it for four hours, which led to the five brothers dying a martyr's death, the statement said.
The group of five terrorists was eliminated during a special operation in Boraldai on December 3. Two officers from the Arystan special security forces unit were also killed during the operation.
The criminals were holed up in a residential building and were surrounded by Almaty special security and police forces. After refusing to voluntarily surrender and opening fire in response, the five terrorists, including their leader, were eliminated.
Earlier investigators found that the Soldiers of Caliphate were involved in the October 31 explosions in Atyrau (the administrative center of the Atyrau Region). First an unidentified explosive device detonated in a trash container. Minutes later a suicide bomber blew himself up in an empty Saryarka area of the city. The man died at the scene.
The Soldiers of Caliphate were set up by Kazakh citizens fighting on the side of Afghan militants and hiding abroad, according to Kazakh security forces.
The Soldiers of Caliphate is classified as terrorist organization and banned in Kazakhstan.
- Almost 80% of Russians approve of Jehovah's Witnesses ban in country – poll 25 July 2017, 10:00
- A total of 182,000 believers go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in St. Pete over past week 20 July 2017, 18:03
- LGBT problem doesn't exist in Chechnya - Russian envoy to OSCE 20 July 2017, 10:05
- Washington urges Russia to lift ban on Jehovah's Witnesses' activities 20 July 2017, 10:00
- Kazakhstan not planning to ban Jehovah's Witnesses - minister 19 July 2017, 17:35
- The Ecumenical Patriarch called the Donbass conflict a "fratricidal war" and prayed for peace in Ukraine 19 July 2017, 13:32
- Jehovah's Witnesses intent to appeal with ECHR against ruling to abolish organization – lawyer 18 July 2017, 10:04
- Russian Supreme Court refuses to invalidate ban imposed on Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia 18 July 2017, 10:00
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes prolongation of sanctions not harmful for Russia 17 July 2017, 12:30
- Metropolitan Hilarion is sure that Putin's meeting with Trump will help save lives in the Middle East 17 July 2017, 10:53
- Imams to combat TB in Kyrgyzstan 17 July 2017, 10:37
- Genetic engineering has right to existence if it can help treat people, professor-deacon believes 14 July 2017, 13:17
- Not a single instance of harassment against gays reported in Chechnya – Lavrov 13 July 2017, 18:03
- Investigative Committee fully rules out religious motive in Nemtsov murder case, only motive is financial gain 13 July 2017, 13:18
- Relics of St. Nicholas come to Alexander Nevsky Lavra in St. Petersburg 13 July 2017, 13:14
- Peskov denies report of Putin presenting yacht to Valaam monks 12 July 2017, 17:01
- Over 1.75 million people go on pilgrimage to St. Nicholas relics in Moscow 12 July 2017, 13:48
- Atambayev calls on people of Kyrgyzstan to focus on education instead of religion 12 July 2017, 11:44
- Italian marquise conveyed a particle of St. Catherine relics to the Yekaterinburg Diocese 11 July 2017, 10:25
- LGBT issues are raised in Western organizations only for purpose of condemning Russia or other countries – Slutsky 10 July 2017, 17:15
- Expert confirm authenticity of 'Yekaterinburg remains' in meeting with patriarch in June - Romanov Family Association 10 July 2017, 16:57
- Sverdlovsk Region Court mitigates sentence for 'Pokemon catcher' 07 July 2017, 13:10
- Metropolitan Hilarion denies calling for restoration of monarchy 07 July 2017, 10:25
- One and a half million people go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in Moscow 06 July 2017, 18:01
- Investigative Committee has not registered persecution of LGBT people in Chechnya yet – Moskalkova 06 July 2017, 15:10
- Four suspected religious extremists detained in Kyrgyzstan 06 July 2017, 10:28
- Moskalkova asks Turkish ombudsman to help exempt baptized children who live in Turkey from Islam lessons 06 July 2017, 10:17
- Lvov authorities demand to investigate an attack against synagogue as unidentified criminals threw 'Molotov cocktails' to it 04 July 2017, 12:11
- The Russian Church protests against the Strasbourg decision to withdraw life support from the seriously ill British boy 03 July 2017, 21:57
- Monks in Valaam breed peacocks 03 July 2017, 20:18