09 December 2011, 15:32
Soldiers of Caliphate claims terrorists killed in Kazakhstan are its members
Almaty, December 9, Interfax - The Internet website Long War Journal has posted a translation of a statement made by terrorist group The Jund al Khilafah, or Soldiers of Caliphate, which says that the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai in the Almaty Region are its combatants.
On Saturday, December 3... the renegade forces...attacked the headquarters in the village of Boraldai where five lions from Zahir Baibars Battalion from the Jund al Khilafah had gathered... They (the group members) killed the two assailants... The treacherous forces encircled the location of the Battalion lions, firing various shells at it for four hours, which led to the five brothers dying a martyr's death, the statement said.
The group of five terrorists was eliminated during a special operation in Boraldai on December 3. Two officers from the Arystan special security forces unit were also killed during the operation.
The criminals were holed up in a residential building and were surrounded by Almaty special security and police forces. After refusing to voluntarily surrender and opening fire in response, the five terrorists, including their leader, were eliminated.
Earlier investigators found that the Soldiers of Caliphate were involved in the October 31 explosions in Atyrau (the administrative center of the Atyrau Region). First an unidentified explosive device detonated in a trash container. Minutes later a suicide bomber blew himself up in an empty Saryarka area of the city. The man died at the scene.
The Soldiers of Caliphate were set up by Kazakh citizens fighting on the side of Afghan militants and hiding abroad, according to Kazakh security forces.
The Soldiers of Caliphate is classified as terrorist organization and banned in Kazakhstan.
- Islamist recruiter stands trial in Uzbekistan 28 November 2014, 12:48
- Cossacks to help Moscow police maintain public order in recreation zones, in areas around churches and monasteries 28 November 2014, 10:02
- Kyrgyz extremists use hijab issue to drive wedge between government, Muslims - intelligence agency 28 November 2014, 10:00
- DPR official speaks about 62 churches destroyed 27 November 2014, 17:49
- Metropolitan Kliment believes high speed is disadvantage of the Internet 27 November 2014, 14:59
- Russian Council of Muftis dismisses allegations of terror recruitment at Moscow Mosque 26 November 2014, 16:47
- IS funded by Afghan heroin profits - FSKN 26 November 2014, 15:44
- Hundreds of children to draw their guardian angel in the Moscow Cathedral of Christ the Savior 26 November 2014, 14:27
- Stavropol to host 3rd Forum of World Russian People's Council 26 November 2014, 10:30
- Anti-Semitic inscription appeared on the building of a Moscow center for Torah studies 25 November 2014, 16:42
- CIS-led intl court could investigate Ukraine religious crimes - Russian rights activist 25 November 2014, 15:09
- Tajik Islamists use Moscow as a crossing point between Tajikistan and Syria 25 November 2014, 13:48
- Patriarchal Commission against full ban on physical methods of upbringing children in family 25 November 2014, 12:56
- Russian priest suggests banning Wahhabism, Nazism and aggressive neo-paganism 24 November 2014, 17:46
- Church in the Donetsk Region shelled 24 November 2014, 17:34
- Humanitarian help to restore churches will be conveyed to the DNR 24 November 2014, 12:16
- Russia to invite OSCE to address condition of Christians in Mideast - Lavrov 24 November 2014, 10:08
- Moscow accuses UN mission in ignoring takeovers of churches and threats against priests in eastern Ukraine 24 November 2014, 10:04
- Zvyagintsev's Leviathan wins Golden Frog at Camerimage festival 24 November 2014, 10:03
- Russia, U.S. must melt ice in relationship, overcome global crises - Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2014, 19:02
- At least 50 churches were damaged in military action in Ukraine - Russian expert 21 November 2014, 18:20
- Uniates following UOC hierarchs distanced from memorandum for the Local Church 21 November 2014, 16:03
- Moscow wants Islamic world disagreements resolved - Russian foreign minister 21 November 2014, 12:14
- Putin, patriarch unveil monument to Alexander I outside Kremlin 21 November 2014, 10:02
- Jerusalem synagogue attack extreme, Russia must prevent such crimes - Putin 20 November 2014, 17:53
- DNR soldiers venerate St. George relics 20 November 2014, 14:30
- Patriarch Kirill speaks on divorce statistics 19 November 2014, 15:19
- Orthodox youth should be modern: no dress-codes and 'ethnographic ghetto' is needed 19 November 2014, 13:56
- Patriarch Kirill urges young people not to substitute real communication with virtual 19 November 2014, 13:37
- Patriarch Kirill recommends to take up the cross, not to 'relax and enjoy' 19 November 2014, 12:54