09 December 2011, 15:32
Soldiers of Caliphate claims terrorists killed in Kazakhstan are its members
Almaty, December 9, Interfax - The Internet website Long War Journal has posted a translation of a statement made by terrorist group The Jund al Khilafah, or Soldiers of Caliphate, which says that the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai in the Almaty Region are its combatants.
On Saturday, December 3... the renegade forces...attacked the headquarters in the village of Boraldai where five lions from Zahir Baibars Battalion from the Jund al Khilafah had gathered... They (the group members) killed the two assailants... The treacherous forces encircled the location of the Battalion lions, firing various shells at it for four hours, which led to the five brothers dying a martyr's death, the statement said.
The group of five terrorists was eliminated during a special operation in Boraldai on December 3. Two officers from the Arystan special security forces unit were also killed during the operation.
The criminals were holed up in a residential building and were surrounded by Almaty special security and police forces. After refusing to voluntarily surrender and opening fire in response, the five terrorists, including their leader, were eliminated.
Earlier investigators found that the Soldiers of Caliphate were involved in the October 31 explosions in Atyrau (the administrative center of the Atyrau Region). First an unidentified explosive device detonated in a trash container. Minutes later a suicide bomber blew himself up in an empty Saryarka area of the city. The man died at the scene.
The Soldiers of Caliphate were set up by Kazakh citizens fighting on the side of Afghan militants and hiding abroad, according to Kazakh security forces.
The Soldiers of Caliphate is classified as terrorist organization and banned in Kazakhstan.
- Former Moscow Patriarchate employee charged with treason to remain in custody until October 31 July 2015, 17:44
- Russia's Muslims expect Islamic world leaders at cathedral mosque opening ceremony in Moscow 31 July 2015, 10:02
- IS militants could include tens of thousands of Europeans - EU official 31 July 2015, 10:01
- Patriarch Kirill calls murders of priest and nun in Kiev outrageous 30 July 2015, 10:04
- Nun of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate murdered in Kiev 29 July 2015, 18:01
- Islamic State recruits people worldwide – Bortnikov 29 July 2015, 11:46
- FSB director calls for discreditation of Islamists' leaders 29 July 2015, 11:10
- Priest attacked in Kiev dies 29 July 2015, 10:44
- Poroshenko promises no state interference in forming united local Ukrainian Orthodox Church 29 July 2015, 10:02
- Ex-leader of Bashkir national movement jailed for three years for religious extremism 28 July 2015, 12:16
- Russia to continue Donbass peace efforts in response to Patriarch Kirill's message - the Kremlin 28 July 2015, 12:14
- Kremlin to host presidential reception in honor of Baptizer of Russia 28 July 2015, 11:39
- Patriarch Kirill launches anti-war appeal to Putin, Poroshenko on eve of Russia Christianization Day (updated) 27 July 2015, 18:16
- Kiev priest attack must not remain unpunished - Moscow Patriarchate 27 July 2015, 17:25
- Chelyabinsk Islamist gets 5-year sentence 27 July 2015, 17:02
- Wahabi from Dagestan detained with ammo, heroin on bus to Moscow 27 July 2015, 16:59
- Moscow Patriarchate priest badly wounded in Kiev 27 July 2015, 11:48
- Jews with synagogues on wheels to visit over 70 cities of Russia 27 July 2015, 10:34
- Arkhangelsk authorities ban LGBT event on Airborne Troops Day 27 July 2015, 10:11
- Georgian Patriarch successfully operated on in Germany 27 July 2015, 10:00
- Chapel or memorial sign to appear in place of collapsed barracks in Omsk 24 July 2015, 12:45
- Kyrgyz PM proposes to build special prison for religious extremists 24 July 2015, 11:42
- Russian Orthodox Church urges authorities against leaving people without ideological "wheel and sails" 23 July 2015, 15:40
- Valaam abbot gives up Internet, suggests restricting use of smartphones in monasteries 23 July 2015, 10:01
- No way back to Chechnya for those joining Islamic State – Kadyrov 22 July 2015, 12:23
- Tajik former election committee member from Islamic party jailed for illegal arms possession 21 July 2015, 14:35
- State Duma deputy asks Russian foreign minister to initiate international tribunal for ISIL 21 July 2015, 11:20
- At least 500 Tajiks fighting alongside IS - Interior Ministry 21 July 2015, 10:01
- Ukrainian miners build a church at the depth of 800 meters 20 July 2015, 16:53
- Patriarch Kirill urges Ukraine not to politicize the term 'Russian world' 20 July 2015, 13:35