09 December 2011, 15:32
Soldiers of Caliphate claims terrorists killed in Kazakhstan are its members
Almaty, December 9, Interfax - The Internet website Long War Journal has posted a translation of a statement made by terrorist group The Jund al Khilafah, or Soldiers of Caliphate, which says that the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai in the Almaty Region are its combatants.
On Saturday, December 3... the renegade forces...attacked the headquarters in the village of Boraldai where five lions from Zahir Baibars Battalion from the Jund al Khilafah had gathered... They (the group members) killed the two assailants... The treacherous forces encircled the location of the Battalion lions, firing various shells at it for four hours, which led to the five brothers dying a martyr's death, the statement said.
The group of five terrorists was eliminated during a special operation in Boraldai on December 3. Two officers from the Arystan special security forces unit were also killed during the operation.
The criminals were holed up in a residential building and were surrounded by Almaty special security and police forces. After refusing to voluntarily surrender and opening fire in response, the five terrorists, including their leader, were eliminated.
Earlier investigators found that the Soldiers of Caliphate were involved in the October 31 explosions in Atyrau (the administrative center of the Atyrau Region). First an unidentified explosive device detonated in a trash container. Minutes later a suicide bomber blew himself up in an empty Saryarka area of the city. The man died at the scene.
The Soldiers of Caliphate were set up by Kazakh citizens fighting on the side of Afghan militants and hiding abroad, according to Kazakh security forces.
The Soldiers of Caliphate is classified as terrorist organization and banned in Kazakhstan.
- People observing fast do not care for sanctions - Mufti Tajuddin 04 March 2015, 14:25
- Pope's state secretary meets Belarusian president, Church leader 04 March 2015, 10:02
- Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal against Pussy Riot verdict 04 March 2015, 10:01
- Group of female Hizb ut-Tahrir followers caught in Bishkek 03 March 2015, 14:08
- Christians under pressure in West - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:02
- UN, EU organizations must act jointly to protect Christians - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:01
- Christians persecuted in Ukraine by national-radical forces - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:00
- Two women convicted for religious, extremist Internet propaganda in Uzbekistan 02 March 2015, 17:43
- Russian Church calls for protection for its churches in Ukraine 02 March 2015, 17:39
- Ukrainian nationalists attack Moscow Patriarchate's church in Sumy 02 March 2015, 17:13
- Tajik Islamic Revival Party doesn't recognize election outcome 02 March 2015, 17:01
- Islamic trace among the possible reasons for the Nemtsov murder 02 March 2015, 10:04
- Lavrov to raise issue of Christians' protection with UNHRC in Geneva 02 March 2015, 10:03
- Russian Church hopes that Nemtsov murder will not be used for political games 02 March 2015, 10:02
- Russian Church urges world to stop terror, protect Christians in Middle East 27 February 2015, 17:41
- Orthodox travelers from Russia to cross Sahara 27 February 2015, 17:16
- Russia outlaws ISIL, Muslim Brotherhood - FSB 27 February 2015, 15:47
- Some one million Jews live in Russia 27 February 2015, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill considers discussions in social nets the vanity fair 27 February 2015, 10:01
- FJCR's position on outcome of WWII deserves deep respect - Medvedev 26 February 2015, 16:51
- Jews feel more comfortable in Russia than in Europe - Berl Lazar 26 February 2015, 16:00
- Putin congratulates Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia on its 15th anniversary 26 February 2015, 15:58
- Russia condemns Islamic State's abduction of Syrian Christians 26 February 2015, 10:01
- Russia is the only center of non-slaved civilization, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 25 February 2015, 17:58
- Moscow to host most representative Jewish congress in 15 years 25 February 2015, 16:32
- Ukrainian schismatic leader dies 25 February 2015, 14:51
- Tajik seized in Moscow on suspicion of online ISIL propaganda 25 February 2015, 11:45
- Leviathan producers lack an ability to guess tastes of Oscar organizers - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 24 February 2015, 15:29
- Radical religious group members detained in Azerbaijan 24 February 2015, 12:57
- Patriarch Kirill calling for world order based on Christian values 24 February 2015, 10:00