09 December 2011, 15:32
Soldiers of Caliphate claims terrorists killed in Kazakhstan are its members
Almaty, December 9, Interfax - The Internet website Long War Journal has posted a translation of a statement made by terrorist group The Jund al Khilafah, or Soldiers of Caliphate, which says that the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai in the Almaty Region are its combatants.
On Saturday, December 3... the renegade forces...attacked the headquarters in the village of Boraldai where five lions from Zahir Baibars Battalion from the Jund al Khilafah had gathered... They (the group members) killed the two assailants... The treacherous forces encircled the location of the Battalion lions, firing various shells at it for four hours, which led to the five brothers dying a martyr's death, the statement said.
The group of five terrorists was eliminated during a special operation in Boraldai on December 3. Two officers from the Arystan special security forces unit were also killed during the operation.
The criminals were holed up in a residential building and were surrounded by Almaty special security and police forces. After refusing to voluntarily surrender and opening fire in response, the five terrorists, including their leader, were eliminated.
Earlier investigators found that the Soldiers of Caliphate were involved in the October 31 explosions in Atyrau (the administrative center of the Atyrau Region). First an unidentified explosive device detonated in a trash container. Minutes later a suicide bomber blew himself up in an empty Saryarka area of the city. The man died at the scene.
The Soldiers of Caliphate were set up by Kazakh citizens fighting on the side of Afghan militants and hiding abroad, according to Kazakh security forces.
The Soldiers of Caliphate is classified as terrorist organization and banned in Kazakhstan.
- Islamic countries should be key members of broad anti-ISIL coalition - Lavrov (updated) 13 October 2015, 16:33
- Patriarch Kirill is not satisfied with actions made by the Constantinople Patriarchate officials in Ukraine 13 October 2015, 15:48
- Sobyanin believes there is enough mosques in Moscow 13 October 2015, 13:49
- Science without religion can lead to world catastrophe, the Moscow Nuclear University rector believes 13 October 2015, 13:26
- Islamists detained in central Moscow were trained in ISIL, planned terrorist attack in public transport - FSB (updated) 12 October 2015, 16:26
- Homosexuality deprives Elton John of creative energy, his former fan Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 12 October 2015, 14:11
- Theology in Russia is listed among scientific specialities 12 October 2015, 11:56
- Four Islamists escape from penitentiary in Kyrgyzstan 12 October 2015, 11:19
- Russia does not want to get involved in Syria's interreligious conflicts - Putin 12 October 2015, 10:00
- Kremlin thanks Russian religious leaders for support fight against terror in Syria 09 October 2015, 17:51
- Russia's peace, welfare hinge on success of its air force operation in Syria - Patriarch Kirill 09 October 2015, 12:25
- Cleric from biggest mosque in south Kyrgyzstan sentenced to five years for extremism 09 October 2015, 10:22
- Number of Islamic State members in Afghanistan reaches 3,500 over past year - Russian diplomat 08 October 2015, 17:59
- Crimean Tatars 'do not have right' to leave their motherland 08 October 2015, 14:57
- Nicholas II's doctor, servants may be canonized 08 October 2015, 10:00
- Over half Russians trust religious organizations - poll 07 October 2015, 18:04
- Moscow denies Lavrov's meetings with Khamenei 07 October 2015, 17:19
- Russian operation in Syria is no relation to Sunni-Shiite conflict - Kadyrov 07 October 2015, 16:20
- Two Russians died from heart attacks during this hajj 07 October 2015, 16:06
- Moscow mufti dubs Saudi clerics' decision to declare jihad against Russia as 'independent action' 07 October 2015, 11:45
- IS might be deliberately bombing mosques in Syria to put blame on Russian Air Force - Russian Defense Ministry 07 October 2015, 10:24
- IS terrorists find shelter from Russian airstrikes in mosques - Russian Defense Ministry 07 October 2015, 10:00
- Members of Tajik Islamic Renaissance Party charged with organizing armed mutiny 06 October 2015, 11:17
- Three Hizb ut-Tahrir members arrested in Chelyabinsk 06 October 2015, 10:02
- Russia's chief rabbi calls on intl community to eliminate terrorists, their ideology 05 October 2015, 15:24
- Head of Polish Orthodox Church accuses Kiev of being unable to protect the faithful 05 October 2015, 10:05
- Vandals paint anti-Russian inscription on a church wall in Kiev 02 October 2015, 16:07
- Three ISIL members detained in Chechnya 02 October 2015, 16:02
- Renowned representative of the Russians Abroad is ready to give blood of Nicholas nephew for expertise 02 October 2015, 15:33
- Supreme mufti backs Russia's decision to launch military operation against ISIL 02 October 2015, 10:05