12 December 2011, 10:35
Church urges not to allow new revolution in Russia
***Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin hopes authorities will give "adequate and honest answers" on uncomfortable questions they were asked
Moscow, December 12, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox Church urges not to allow civil confrontations in Russia as the part of society is not conformed with results of votes counting at the parliamentary elections.
"We can't but express satisfaction that rallies in Russian cities are generally peaceful, in frames of law. No matter how political positions vary, the most important thing today is to keep civil peace and statehood, not to allow new 1905, 1917, 1991 or 1993," head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin told an Interfax-Religion correspondent.
The priest urges those who seek new revolutions to remember that "God won't forgive misfortunes they produce, won't forgive sufferings of their neighbors."
He accepted that there were many emotional and even insulting slogans at the recent rallies. "However, very serious questions, not comfortable to authorities, were also raised. Let's hope that authorities will answer them adequately and honestly," the priest said.
According to him, peaceful character of meetings creates conditions for national dialogue on format of electoral processes and means of public control over them.
"I'm sure such a dialogue is needed to preserve civil peace and people's confidence in authorities. All political parties, representatives of different social groups, religious communities, public associations, including liberal and conservative oppositionists could participate in the dialogue. There are many platforms for the dialogue - for example, the Public Chamber," the church representative believes.
- Crimea does not need sexual minorities - Aksyonov 02 September 2014, 17:56
- Russian school in Bethlehem to strengthen Russian-Palestinian ties - Putin 02 September 2014, 10:01
- In order to come to Russia Dalai Lama must quit politics - Lavrov 28 August 2014, 10:13
- Wahhabism supporters use Internet to campaign for extremism - Kadyrov 26 August 2014, 17:47
- Kadyrov asks clergy to resist early marriages in Chechnya 26 August 2014, 14:58
- Yamalo-Nenets authorities deny violations of Muslims' rights at local prison 26 August 2014, 14:57
- Russian social network VK says Islamic State accounts blocked 26 August 2014, 10:05
- Church burns down in Donetsk as shell hits is - diocese 26 August 2014, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill again calls on UN, Council of Europe, OSCE to help stop fighting in Ukraine 25 August 2014, 17:08
- Ukrainian army deliberately targets orthodox churches - archbishop of Gorlovka 25 August 2014, 16:55
- Pope Francis sends greetings to Ukraine on Independence Day 25 August 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill asks Poroshenko to stop war, prays for its victims 25 August 2014, 10:16
- Shell damages Donetsk mosque 22 August 2014, 14:20
- Islamists killing of U.S. reporter Foley is barbaric - Moscow 22 August 2014, 11:21
- Historical muftiate revived in Crimea 22 August 2014, 11:09
- Ukrainian shell hits church in central Lugansk 21 August 2014, 16:21
- Clerics bless humanitarian aid sent to Ukraine 21 August 2014, 13:44
- Twice as many churches to be built in Moscow in frames of Program 200 20 August 2014, 13:25
- Church from Moscow Program-200 can be included in world’s five masterpieces of mosaic art 20 August 2014, 13:21
- Patriarch Kirill demands intl protection of Orthodox Christians in Ukraine 20 August 2014, 10:13
- Deputy mufti murder in Vladikavkaz 18 August 2014, 11:42
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church urges gunmen in eastern Ukraine to lay down arms 18 August 2014, 10:06
- Patriarch Kirill: Uniates, schismatics seeking to eradicate Orthodoxy in Ukraine 18 August 2014, 10:05
- Patriarch Kirill sends greetings to Metropolitan Onufry 18 August 2014, 10:03
- Metropolitan Onufry enthroned as primate of Ukrainian Church 18 August 2014, 10:01
- Court suspends Kharkov authorities' resolution giving Russian senator title of Kharkiv freeman for building churches 15 August 2014, 12:50
- N. Korea's missile test-launch not connected with arrival of Pope Francis in Seoul - Pyongyang 15 August 2014, 12:43
- Far-right groups threaten Kiev Region priest with reprisals 15 August 2014, 11:54
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church ready for dialogue with "Kiev Patriarchate", Autocephalous Church 15 August 2014, 11:05
- Production of Kosher food boosts thanks to sanctions 15 August 2014, 10:04