12 December 2011, 17:49
Kazakh special services investigates possible connection between killed terrorists, Soldiers of the Caliphate
Astana, December 12, Interfax - The Kazakh National Security Committee is probing the information on the possible connection between the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai, Almaty Region, and the radical group The Jund al Khilafah, or Soldiers of the Caliphate.
"We are working on determining who the Soldiers of the Caliphate are and whether they are linked to the events [in Boraldai]," Kazakh National Security Committee Deputy Chairman Gosman Amrin told Interfax in Astana.
"The Kazakh special services intends to take measures to curb the activities of the group if it turns out to be related to the events in Boraldai and other terrorist events," Amrin said.
At the end of the past week, the Internet portal The Long War Journal published a translation of a statement made by the terrorist group Soldiers of the Caliphate stating that the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai were Soldiers of the Caliphate militants.
A group of five terrorists were killed in a special operation in the village of Boraldai on December 3. Two officials from the National Security Committee's special division Arystan were killed in that operation.
In the meantime, the investigators found that Soldiers of the Caliphate was involved in the explosions that took place in Atyrau on October 31 (where a bomb went off in a garbage container and a suicide bomber blew himself up in the city's Saryak District).
According to the Kazakh special services, the Soldiers of the Caliphate organization was created by citizens of Kazakhstan who are fighting abroad on the side of Afghani militants.
Soldiers of the Caliphate is recognized as a terrorist organization and is banned in Kazakhstan.
- Anti-Semitic inscription appeared on the building of a Moscow center for Torah studies 25 November 2014, 16:42
- CIS-led intl court could investigate Ukraine religious crimes - Russian rights activist 25 November 2014, 15:09
- Tajik Islamists use Moscow as a crossing point between Tajikistan and Syria 25 November 2014, 13:48
- Patriarchal Commission against full ban on physical methods of upbringing children in family 25 November 2014, 12:56
- Russian priest suggests banning Wahhabism, Nazism and aggressive neo-paganism 24 November 2014, 17:46
- Church in the Donetsk Region shelled 24 November 2014, 17:34
- Humanitarian help to restore churches will be conveyed to the DNR 24 November 2014, 12:16
- Russia to invite OSCE to address condition of Christians in Mideast - Lavrov 24 November 2014, 10:08
- Moscow accuses UN mission in ignoring takeovers of churches and threats against priests in eastern Ukraine 24 November 2014, 10:04
- Zvyagintsev's Leviathan wins Golden Frog at Camerimage festival 24 November 2014, 10:03
- Russia, U.S. must melt ice in relationship, overcome global crises - Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2014, 19:02
- At least 50 churches were damaged in military action in Ukraine - Russian expert 21 November 2014, 18:20
- Uniates following UOC hierarchs distanced from memorandum for the Local Church 21 November 2014, 16:03
- Moscow wants Islamic world disagreements resolved - Russian foreign minister 21 November 2014, 12:14
- Putin, patriarch unveil monument to Alexander I outside Kremlin 21 November 2014, 10:02
- Jerusalem synagogue attack extreme, Russia must prevent such crimes - Putin 20 November 2014, 17:53
- DNR soldiers venerate St. George relics 20 November 2014, 14:30
- Patriarch Kirill speaks on divorce statistics 19 November 2014, 15:19
- Orthodox youth should be modern: no dress-codes and 'ethnographic ghetto' is needed 19 November 2014, 13:56
- Patriarch Kirill urges young people not to substitute real communication with virtual 19 November 2014, 13:37
- Patriarch Kirill recommends to take up the cross, not to 'relax and enjoy' 19 November 2014, 12:54
- Moscow denounces deadly attack on Jerusalem synagogue - Foreign Ministry 19 November 2014, 10:01
- Religions play key role in maintaining peace and stability - Azeri leader 18 November 2014, 11:26
- Residents in south Moscow voluntarily refuse parking lots to build a church 17 November 2014, 17:59
- Wars in Muslim countries stem from poverty, lack of education - leader of CIS' only legal Islamic party 17 November 2014, 12:07
- Russian patriarch urges Serbs to cherish brotherly unity with Russian people 17 November 2014, 11:01
- Russian, Serbian patriarchs sanctify monument to Nicholas II in Belgrade 17 November 2014, 10:55
- Patriarch Kirill calls to stop violations of rights, liberties of Serbian population of Kosovo 17 November 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes attempts to rewrite history of Serbia, former USSR 17 November 2014, 10:15
- Serbian-Russian friendship is based on spiritual closeness, not amount of gas sold - Serbian president 17 November 2014, 10:02