12 December 2011, 17:49
Kazakh special services investigates possible connection between killed terrorists, Soldiers of the Caliphate
Astana, December 12, Interfax - The Kazakh National Security Committee is probing the information on the possible connection between the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai, Almaty Region, and the radical group The Jund al Khilafah, or Soldiers of the Caliphate.
"We are working on determining who the Soldiers of the Caliphate are and whether they are linked to the events [in Boraldai]," Kazakh National Security Committee Deputy Chairman Gosman Amrin told Interfax in Astana.
"The Kazakh special services intends to take measures to curb the activities of the group if it turns out to be related to the events in Boraldai and other terrorist events," Amrin said.
At the end of the past week, the Internet portal The Long War Journal published a translation of a statement made by the terrorist group Soldiers of the Caliphate stating that the terrorists killed in the village of Boraldai were Soldiers of the Caliphate militants.
A group of five terrorists were killed in a special operation in the village of Boraldai on December 3. Two officials from the National Security Committee's special division Arystan were killed in that operation.
In the meantime, the investigators found that Soldiers of the Caliphate was involved in the explosions that took place in Atyrau on October 31 (where a bomb went off in a garbage container and a suicide bomber blew himself up in the city's Saryak District).
According to the Kazakh special services, the Soldiers of the Caliphate organization was created by citizens of Kazakhstan who are fighting abroad on the side of Afghani militants.
Soldiers of the Caliphate is recognized as a terrorist organization and is banned in Kazakhstan.
- Pope takes side of Azerbaijan on Karabakh issue - Baku 27 June 2016, 11:53
- Moscow Patriarchate tells Constantinople democracy is irrelevant in church life 27 June 2016, 11:40
- Vatican-Ankara relations will not sour over Pope's statement on Armenian genocide - Holy See 27 June 2016, 10:45
- Pope Francis again calls 1915 events in Ottoman Empire 'genocide' 27 June 2016, 10:28
- Russian Security Council notes active use of religious organizations by foreign special services 27 June 2016, 10:26
- Holy Synod to determine Russian Church's attitude to Orthodox forum on Crete in July 27 June 2016, 10:00
- Experts warn against Constantinople's attempt to set up a standing body of ruling the Orthodox world 24 June 2016, 18:42
- Pope Francis has meeting in Etchmiadzin Monastery in Armenia 24 June 2016, 17:12
- Pope arrives in Armenia 24 June 2016, 14:19
- Independence of the Ukrainian Church from Moscow can result in religious war - expert 24 June 2016, 12:07
- July 5 declared non-working day in Crimea due to Muslim holiday 23 June 2016, 18:03
- Patriarch Kirill thanks God that leader of Syrian Christians survived terrorist attack 23 June 2016, 14:44
- Russian Church registers 130 violations of Orthodox Christians' rights in Europe in 2015 22 June 2016, 17:06
- Vatican State Secretary urges Ukrainians not to be nationalists and not to drive themselves into ghetto 22 June 2016, 12:51
- Scientologists detained in St. Petersburg remain under witness status, no charges pressed – source 22 June 2016, 12:27
- Searches over case of illegal activity of Church of Scientology conducted at 14 venues in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Leningrad Region – FSB (updated) 21 June 2016, 14:20
- No jihadist training camps in Ukraine - SBU head (updated) 21 June 2016, 13:39
- Law enforcement officials taking passport details of Church of Scientology members in Moscow 21 June 2016, 13:10
- Searches underway in Moscow and St. Petersburg to suppress unlawful activities of Church of Scientology (updated) 21 June 2016, 10:44
- Religious motive did not confirmed as a version of Nemtsov's murder 20 June 2016, 16:06
- Crete forum not to address Ukrainian issue - Constantinople Patriarchate 20 June 2016, 12:45
- Religious extremists killed in Nalchik 20 June 2016, 12:42
- Ukrainian Church asks president, prosecutors to react to parliamentarians' address to Rada's initiative 17 June 2016, 10:20
- Agenda of the Crete forum is miserable, it can't be called a Council - expert 17 June 2016, 10:01
- Rada's draft on giving autocephaly to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church is doomed to failure - expert 16 June 2016, 16:22
- Russian Orthodox Church finds Ukrainian Rada's initiative to be gross violation of law 16 June 2016, 14:52
- Kremlin not commenting on prospects of Ukrainian Orthodox Church autocephaly 16 June 2016, 14:38
- Rada calls on Ecumenical patriarch to give autocephaly to Ukraine's Orthodox Church 16 June 2016, 14:30
- Serbian Church says will leave forum on Crete if position of those who refused to participate in it is ignored 15 June 2016, 16:58
- West has a course on restoring Nazism in Western Europe, Russian church official believes 15 June 2016, 16:10