30 January 2012, 12:35
Russian Church to help Kosovo monasteries
Moscow, January 30, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia has expressed concerns about the situation of residents of Kosovo and Metohija.
"Serbs living in Kosovo and Metohija have found themselves pawns of a big geopolitical game. Many countries are indifferent to them and they have to live in closed enclaves in daily fear of their hostile environment, which realizes its impunity," the Patriarch said in an interview with the Serb newspaper Vecherniye Novosti, whose translation was published on the website of the Moscow patriarchate.
"Our brothers in faith have great courage not to leave their long-suffering land and their holy places. They live like prisoners of a concentration camp, who have been denied even their basic right to life," he said.
Patriarch Kirill accused politicians of "glaring injustice, double standards and lies, and declaration of their adherence of ideals of humanism and human rights while turning a blind eye to the hell created by extremists with support from their foreign sponsors."
"Brothers, the Russian Church, the Orthodox Russian people will never abandon you," the Patriarch said.
Patriarch Kirill said the Moscow Patriarchate has always supported the Serbian Church on the status of Kosovo.
The Patriarch also said the Russian Church plans to take specific measures to support Kosovo monasteries.
- Russia brands ISIL, Jabhat al-Nusra as terrorist organizations 29 December 2014, 12:22
- Russian court okays sentences for recruiters of Islamist militants 29 December 2014, 10:03
- Ukraine's churches must be off limits - Russian Orthodox Church 29 December 2014, 10:00
- Two Orthodox churches seized in west Ukraine 26 December 2014, 16:05
- Patriarch Kirill sends Christmas greetings to heads of non-Orthodox Churches 26 December 2014, 11:01
- Kazakhstan blocked over 240 "destructive" religious sites blocked in 2014 26 December 2014, 10:08
- Descendants of Russian white emigres ask European leaders to protect Ukrainian Church from persecutions 26 December 2014, 10:07
- Russian Orthodox Church advises St. Pete children's ombudsman to give more attention to strengthening moral values 26 December 2014, 10:06
- Nine Orthodox churches destroyed by Ukraine war - Synod 24 December 2014, 10:04
- Russia to spend over 3.5 bln rubles on construction of spiritual-cultural center in Paris 24 December 2014, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill alarmed by attempts to create the local Church in Ukraine 24 December 2014, 10:02
- Judaists vandalize Russian church's metochion in Israel 24 December 2014, 10:00
- Head of the Patriarchal Commission criticizes Russian women for immorality and points out to the example of Muslims 23 December 2014, 13:16
- Nazarbayev calls on Kazakh youth to keep far away from religious extremism 22 December 2014, 18:13
- Russia spends €75 mln to build a spiritual center in Paris 22 December 2014, 17:15
- Donetsk Metropolitan asks Poroshenko to stop marauding practiced by Ukrainian militants 19 December 2014, 17:43
- Bishops want more autonomy for Moscow-governed Belarusian Church 18 December 2014, 18:03
- Russian Church builds a cultural center in Hamburg for 5 mln euro 18 December 2014, 17:23
- Gadget users may soon turn in animals, will "snarl, peep and grunt" - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 18 December 2014, 17:05
- Orthodox believers insist on building a church in Moscow City instead of the Eye of Sauron 17 December 2014, 14:15
- NAC: Assaults, extortions are main sources financing religious extremists 16 December 2014, 13:24
- Terrorist leader, who killed imam, is among militants killed in Dagestan 15 December 2014, 18:09
- Serbian bishop condemns schismatics in Ukraine 15 December 2014, 17:58
- Islamic activists in Kyrgyzstan believe there should be no male obstetricians 15 December 2014, 10:09
- Russian diplomat discusses condition of Christians in Mideast, situation in Syria at meetings in Lebanon 15 December 2014, 10:08
- IOPS to present White Book on slain Mideast Christians at UN 15 December 2014, 10:03
- Arab Spring, IS aimed at demonizing Islam - Patriarch Kirill 12 December 2014, 17:49
- National policy should focus on worthy support of Russian people - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 12 December 2014, 17:21
- World Russian People's Council states Ukraine practices tortures based on the CIA technique 12 December 2014, 13:28
- Over seventy Russian graves vandalized in Australian Orthodox cemetery 12 December 2014, 10:02