29 February 2012, 14:02
Punk "concert" at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior was a cut - media
*** They only bowed and crossed themselves
*** Two of the participants according to the spread list did not take part in it
Moscow, February 29, Interfax - Recent scandal action of the feminist punk group Pussy Riot at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior with singing and playing the guitar is "a rough video editing," the Publicpost.ru reports.
Soundtrack of the video posted in the Internet with rude text of the song is overlaid. Girls only cross themselves, bow and jump at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior.
As was reported, the Pussy Riot punk sang a blasphemous song at the entry to the altar of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior on February 21. Then participants in the action wrote in their Twitter that their performance was a "punk prayer service." When security service tried to detain the the girls they escaped. All measures to find them were taken. A criminal case under article "hooliganism" is instigated.
Bloggers posted a list of the girls' names and their addresses. The list includes an actress from Magnitogorsk Alyona Shchebleva, an artist from Samara Svetlana Shuvayeva, ex-activist of art group Voyna (Russian for "war" - IF) Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and two Muscovites Yelena Pivovarova and Maria Alyokhina.
Shuvayeva and Shebleva said they did not participate in the action.
"I was at a repetition of the performance in the Sakharov Museum at the time of the action in the cathedral. About fifteen people saw me there and they can easily confirm it in the court and publicly," Shuvayeva said as cited by the Publicpost.ru.
Shchebleva said that on the day of the action she was "at an interviewee" as she tried to find a new job.
- Armenian Apostolic Church urges politicians to start talks 25 February 2021, 15:04
- Omsk resident fined 375,000 rubles for excusing terror attack in New Zealand 25 February 2021, 11:48
- Yakutian shaman Gabyshev charged with violence against police officer 25 February 2021, 10:45
- Meeting between Russian patriarch, Pope doesn't improve Christians' position in Middle East contrary to expectations - Metropolitan Hilarion 24 February 2021, 10:00
- Muscovites will choose between monuments to Dzerzhinsky, Alexander Nevsky on Lubyanka Square 20 February 2021, 10:03
- Former schema-monk Sergy admits giving bribe amounting to 'millions of dollars' 18 February 2021, 16:30
- World Russian People's Council backs idea of Ivan III monument on Lubyanka Square in Moscow 18 February 2021, 16:11
- FJCR suggests reinstalling fountain at Lubyanka 18 February 2021, 15:30
- Suspected organizer of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Russia's Kemerovo region placed under house arrest 17 February 2021, 14:11
- Police detain man who splashed Holocaust monument in Yerevan with paint 17 February 2021, 13:44
- The giant castle of corona cannibal to be burned in Russia on Maslenitsa 17 February 2021, 12:08
- Lawyers' association supports bill limiting surrogate motherhood in Russia 17 February 2021, 10:00
- FSB detain people suspected of financing ISIL under guise of donations to mosques in Crimea, Tatarstan 16 February 2021, 15:19
- World Union of Old Believers backs idea to place Ivan III monument on Moscow's Lubyanka Square 16 February 2021, 09:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion concerned by detention on non-participants in unsanctioned rallies 15 February 2021, 09:17
- Moscow court arrests 2 Jehovah's Witnesses 15 February 2021, 09:15
- Foreign Intelligence Service head compares those who insult WWII veterans to Nazi collaborators 12 February 2021, 11:53
- Congress of the Leaders of World and Traditional Religions in Kazakhstan postponed to next year 12 February 2021, 11:07
- Sputnik V vaccine halal - Gamaleya Center expert 12 February 2021, 10:03
- Court denies former schema hegumen Sergy right to participate in dispute over church on territory of Sredneuralsky Convent 10 February 2021, 20:39
- Several organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 10 February 2021, 11:43
- Resident of Russia's Dagestan jailed for 10 years for killing local rabbi 10 February 2021, 11:14
- Tajik authorities classify sentence of opposition Islamic party leader 09 February 2021, 17:35
- The International Day of Human Brotherhood celebrates in Russia for the first time 09 February 2021, 10:13
- Tolerance lessons have already been held for half a million schoolchildren in Russia 09 February 2021, 10:04
- Moscow City Court upholds arrest of schema-hegumen Sergy 09 February 2021, 10:00
- The Kremlin called Ukraine part of the Russian world 08 February 2021, 13:02
- Russian Orthodox Church calls for blocking social networks over foul language 08 February 2021, 12:59
- Yekaterinburg Diocese denies rumors about intention to 'storm' Sredneuralsky Convent 05 February 2021, 15:16
- Yakutsk City Court upholds motion for shaman Gabyshev's commitment to psychiatric hospital 02 February 2021, 20:36