26 March 2012, 11:57
Patriarch Kirill calls Pussy Riot action the Devil's mockery
Moscow, March 26, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia depreciated the Pussy Riot action at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior.
"We have no future if we start mocking at great shrines and if some people consider this mockery a kind of bravery, an expression of political protest, an appropriate action or innocent joke," the Patriarch said on Saturday after a Liturgy in Moscow Church of Deposition of the Robe of the Holy Virgin.
The Primate confessed that his heart was breaking as there were people who "call themselves Orthodox" among those who justified this blasphemy and underestimated it.
The Patriarch called the incident the Devil's intrigues.
"Today all of us are going through the Great Lent. The Devil laughed at all of us, bringing so much sorrows on the days when we should depart from disturbances of this world, pray, restrict ourselves with fasting, repent in our own sins," he said.
The Patriarch supposed that this trial was sent to believers on the days of the Great Lent so that "all of us realize our responsibility for our Motherland, for the Holy Russia, for Orthodox faith."
"Orthodox people express this responsibility, first of all, in their ardent prayer to God. Those people don't believe in the power of prayer. They believe in power of propaganda, in power of lies and slender, in power of the Internet, in power of mass media, in power of money and weapons. We believe in power of prayer," the Patriarch stressed.
He urged the whole Church "to sincere and ardent prayers for our country, for our faith, for our people, so that the Lord forgives us our sins, again extends His mercy to usso that passing through all temptations, we left them behind as purified, strong people capable to settle their future according to God's law and human conscience.
- Christians under pressure in West - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:02
- UN, EU organizations must act jointly to protect Christians - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:01
- Christians persecuted in Ukraine by national-radical forces - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:00
- Two women convicted for religious, extremist Internet propaganda in Uzbekistan 02 March 2015, 17:43
- Russian Church calls for protection for its churches in Ukraine 02 March 2015, 17:39
- Ukrainian nationalists attack Moscow Patriarchate's church in Sumy 02 March 2015, 17:13
- Tajik Islamic Revival Party doesn't recognize election outcome 02 March 2015, 17:01
- Islamic trace among the possible reasons for the Nemtsov murder 02 March 2015, 10:04
- Lavrov to raise issue of Christians' protection with UNHRC in Geneva 02 March 2015, 10:03
- Russian Church hopes that Nemtsov murder will not be used for political games 02 March 2015, 10:02
- Russian Church urges world to stop terror, protect Christians in Middle East 27 February 2015, 17:41
- Orthodox travelers from Russia to cross Sahara 27 February 2015, 17:16
- Russia outlaws ISIL, Muslim Brotherhood - FSB 27 February 2015, 15:47
- Some one million Jews live in Russia 27 February 2015, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill considers discussions in social nets the vanity fair 27 February 2015, 10:01
- FJCR's position on outcome of WWII deserves deep respect - Medvedev 26 February 2015, 16:51
- Jews feel more comfortable in Russia than in Europe - Berl Lazar 26 February 2015, 16:00
- Putin congratulates Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia on its 15th anniversary 26 February 2015, 15:58
- Russia condemns Islamic State's abduction of Syrian Christians 26 February 2015, 10:01
- Russia is the only center of non-slaved civilization, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 25 February 2015, 17:58
- Moscow to host most representative Jewish congress in 15 years 25 February 2015, 16:32
- Ukrainian schismatic leader dies 25 February 2015, 14:51
- Tajik seized in Moscow on suspicion of online ISIL propaganda 25 February 2015, 11:45
- Leviathan producers lack an ability to guess tastes of Oscar organizers - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 24 February 2015, 15:29
- Radical religious group members detained in Azerbaijan 24 February 2015, 12:57
- Patriarch Kirill calling for world order based on Christian values 24 February 2015, 10:00
- Russian, Austrian public, religious figures to discuss situation of European Jews 20 February 2015, 17:50
- Ukrainian authorities only have to accuse the Pope of subversive activities 20 February 2015, 17:45
- No information on fate of Christian leaders abducted in Syria in 2013 20 February 2015, 10:02
- ISIS militants demonize Islam in world's eyes - Patriarch Kirill 19 February 2015, 16:47