09 April 2012, 18:09
Renowned TV anchor compares Church attackers to demons
Moscow, April 9, Interfax - Renowned TV anchor Vladimir Solovyov believes the unleashed campaign against the Church is generously financed.
"Today it goes with the fashion to attack the Russian Orthodox Church and personally His Holiness Patriarch Kirill. Certainly, if we look who attack, in what way, how much money is spent for spreading the materials in various sources that work as "lavatory cisterns" only for money, it becomes clear that it is not by chance," Solovyov said in his video address posted in the United Russia website.
He points out that the attackers say nothing of Judaism, Islam, "of how Chief Rabbi of Russia lives, how muftis live, what watch they wear, what cars they drive, how their commercial affairs go," though the Russian Church as well as other religious organizations "have similar attitude to secular power - they support it."
The TV anchor believes that without the Russian Orthodox Church "the soul of Russian person is not full - and they fight against this soul."
"Those who have recently received money from Mr. Khodorkovsky's funds and saw only him without seeing others, those who fight against this "nasty, terrible Russia" - they fight not for the democracy as such wild outburst of hatred against the Church as in Russia is impossible in democratic countries," the TV anchor said reminding that all US presidents were believers.
According to him, it is generally accepted in Russia that "atheists have higher intellectual level than believers" however, Solovyov further said, "it doesn't seem to be true. Though it is clear: atheists know pretty well who pays and how much."
"It is dangerous to attack Jews - it will lead to immediate problems with the West, the guys will call and hint that you shouldn't behave like this. It is dangerous to attack Muslims - someone can appear and not intelligently ask what you doing here. And the Russian Orthodox Church is not like these, so it is so tasty for demons and well paid. And they feel themselves respected people and in fact they're demons," Solovyov said.
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11
- FEMEN activist strips near Kiev Laura of the Caves against dictatorship 02 December 2013, 10:09
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin advises Orthodox countries not to adopt Western democracy models 29 November 2013, 10:05
- Minaret built in Georgian village at night 29 November 2013, 10:03
- Hizb ut-Tahrir recruiter detained in Kyrgyzstan 28 November 2013, 12:03
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Patriarch Kirill expressed concerns about exodus by Christians from Iraq 27 November 2013, 14:29
- 15 At Takfir Wal-Hijra members detained in Moscow - Interior Ministry 27 November 2013, 10:24
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Russian Church calls for broad debate of idea for special role of Orthodox faith in Constitution 27 November 2013, 10:01
- Putin, pontiff compare positions on global affairs - Russian Orthodox Church cleric 26 November 2013, 14:59
- Russian president's meeting with Pope Francis lasted longer than planned 26 November 2013, 10:16
- Special role of Orthodox Church should be stated in Constitution - Nilov 26 November 2013, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill opposed to any forms of convergence of Church and state 25 November 2013, 14:36
- Human rights ombudsman criticizes idea to include premise on Orthodoxy's role in Russia in constitution 25 November 2013, 10:16