10 April 2012, 17:20
Russian Communist leader considers attacks against the Church blasphemy and extremism
Moscow, April 10, Interfax - Communist Party leader Gennady Zuganov believes attacks against the Russian Orthodox Church dangerous.
"Army and Orthodox faith are two essential pillars that haters of Russian people and Russia will strive to cut down in the first instance after liquidation of Soviet achievements as their aim is to destroy our spirituality and traditions," Zyuganov said speaking at an evening session of the Communist fraction in the State Duma.
"First, under Defense Minister Mr. Serdyukov our army was morally destroyed, in fact, he organized a pogrom against it, and today we witness to coordinated campaign against the Russian Orthodox Church from representatives of aggressive liberal forces. Besides, various Russophobe mud is flanged from TV screens on our citizens," Zyuganov said.
He expressed opinion that "liberal Schizophrenia will sooner or later break its neck as only people who forgot everything about their personal safety can constantly beat on the most unprotected place - our national identity at the backgrounds of privatization robbery that goes on in the country and crying social injustice."
"Perhaps, once they started this antinational witches' Sabbath they don't have enough reason or conscience to stop and then, when they face tough reaction of the society, these people will accuse someone of extremism. In fact, this aggressive liberalism, this crude Russophobia, blasphemy in relation to our spiritual values is the most sophisticated, most disgusting extremism," the Russian Communist leader stressed.
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia arrests presumed Hizb ut-Tahrir envoy 11 December 2013, 10:02
- Believers have right to influence public processes, state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 11 December 2013, 10:00
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Amnesty could apply to Pussy Riot members - newspaper 10 December 2013, 10:01
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11
- FEMEN activist strips near Kiev Laura of the Caves against dictatorship 02 December 2013, 10:09
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin advises Orthodox countries not to adopt Western democracy models 29 November 2013, 10:05
- Minaret built in Georgian village at night 29 November 2013, 10:03
- Hizb ut-Tahrir recruiter detained in Kyrgyzstan 28 November 2013, 12:03
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Patriarch Kirill expressed concerns about exodus by Christians from Iraq 27 November 2013, 14:29
- 15 At Takfir Wal-Hijra members detained in Moscow - Interior Ministry 27 November 2013, 10:24
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Russian Church calls for broad debate of idea for special role of Orthodox faith in Constitution 27 November 2013, 10:01