13 April 2012, 16:15
Absolute majority of Russians plan to celebrate Easter – poll
Moscow, April 13, Interfax - An absolute majority (about 90%) of Russian citizens will celebrate Easter in April 15, the Levada Center reported Interfax.
Traditional Easter cakes will be baked, eggs painted, Easter curd puddings made and presents given to relatives and friends.
28% of respondents polled recently said they will celebrate Easter at home over meal, and 26% said they will go out to see friends. 23% of those polled said they would see their dead relatives' graves, which, strictly speaking, is at odds with the church tradition.
Only 7% of those surveyed said they would join the night-time Easter church service and most of them (10%) are pensioners.
6% of respondents said the will not mark this church holiday at all, and most of them are business people (13%) and students (12%).
Women celebrate Easter one way or another more often than men, the Levada Center said. But men prefer to go out to see their relatives and friend on Easter.
- Patriarch Kirill tells CoE's secretary general same-sex marriage sinful 21 May 2013, 13:38
- Most Russians support non-intervention of church in state affairs - poll 21 May 2013, 10:12
- Suspected militants killed near Moscow may have belonged to Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan - source 21 May 2013, 10:00
- Hizb ut-Tahrir activist from Kyrgyzstan detained in Alma-Ata 20 May 2013, 11:43
- Anti-homophobia demo held in Kiev 20 May 2013, 10:05
- Georgian patriarch calls on supporters, opponents of gay movement to pray for each other 20 May 2013, 10:04
- 28 injured in Tbilisi in attack on rally in defense of gays 20 May 2013, 10:03
- Head of Consumer Right Protection Society fined 100,000 rubles for slandering Cathedral of Christ the Savior Fund 17 May 2013, 16:58
- LGBT rally in St. Petersburg draws 60 supporters, 200 opponents 17 May 2013, 16:55
- Georgian ombudsman fails to protect gay parade in Tbilisi 17 May 2013, 16:16
- Seventeen people injured amid gay parade in Tbilisi 17 May 2013, 16:08
- Orthodox Church, NGO of Moldova ask Chisinau mayor to cancel gay parade 17 May 2013, 15:06
- Police, special task forces save gay parade participants from outraged citizens in Tbilisi 17 May 2013, 14:23
- Three-fourths of Russians insist govt. should ban public display of homosexuality 17 May 2013, 13:14
- Suspected leader of Hizb ut-Tahrir Sakhalin unit detained 17 May 2013, 11:54
- Hezbollah's interests are in Lebanon, it just protects Shiite shrines in Syria - Lavrov 17 May 2013, 10:11
- Leader of Hizb ut-Tahrir unit detained in Bishkek 16 May 2013, 15:48
- Priests should return to Chinese Orthodox churches - Moscow Patriarchate 16 May 2013, 14:08
- Sexual minority event removed from Moscow park's plan 16 May 2013, 10:06
- Patriarch Kirill says optimistic about future of Orthodoxy in China 16 May 2013, 10:00
- Moscow Mayor's Office says no gay pride parade 15 May 2013, 18:34
- Patriarch Kirill holds first in 50 years divine liturgy in Shanghai 15 May 2013, 11:58
- Russian analysts: immigrants, guest workers fertile ground for radical Islamism 15 May 2013, 10:16
- Still no hajj warning from Saudi Arabia over SARS-like virus 14 May 2013, 15:07
- Monument to Sts Emperor Nicholas II, Empress Alexandra unveiled in St. Petersburg 14 May 2013, 15:05
- Ivanishvili says will protect gays, refuses to discuss possibility of same-sex "marriages" 14 May 2013, 14:07
- Mayor's Office says no gay parade in Moscow 14 May 2013, 11:53
- Hundreds of Chinese gathered for Patriarch Kirill's service in Harbin 14 May 2013, 11:44
- Kadyrov calls for unblocking access to YouTube which insulted Muslims 14 May 2013, 10:14
- Patriarch Kirill visited historical center of Russian emigration in China 14 May 2013, 10:06