14 April 2012, 16:20
Relics of Dostoevsky's mother transferred to Russian Church for burial
Moscow, April 14, Interfax - Moscow State University Scientific and Research Institute and Museum of Anthropology housed a ceremony of transferring relics of Dostoevsky's mother Maria Fyodorovna to the Russian Church for further burial in the old church cemetery in the village of Monogarovo, the Zaraisk District, the Moscow Region.
The ceremony was attended by the writer's great grandson Dmitry Dostoevsky, President of the Dostoevsky Foundation Igor Volgin, director of St.Petersburg Dostoevsky Literary Memorial Museum Natalia Ashimbayeva and others, organizers told Interfax-Religion.
After signing an act, the hearse with Dostoevskaya's relics departed for Zaraisk where the ceremony finished. The ceremony reached its peak when Dean of the Zaraisk churches Archpriest Pyotr Spiridonov conducted a requiem service at the Dostoevskay's coffin in St. John Cathedral. The service was attended by the writer's great grandson, administration of the Zaraisk Districts, representatives of the Zaraisk Kremlin museum, scientists, citizens of the town.
Dostoevskaya's relics will be buried near the writer's father not far from Dostoevsky family residence Darovoye.
Dostoevskaya's relics have been kept in Moscow State University Scientific and Research Institute and Museum of Anthropology since 1934. The Lazarevskoye cemetery where the writer's mother was buried was destroyed in the 1930-s and her relics were disinterred on the initiative of anthropologist and researcher of the Dostoevsky family Mikhail Volotsky.
- Ban on adoption of Russian children by gays is Russia's sovereign choice - Russian Orthodox Church 19 June 2013, 13:49
- G8 concerned by the increasingly sectarian nature of the Syrian conflict 19 June 2013, 10:29
- Baptist dissenters hold "illegal religious gatherings" in Uzbekistan – media 18 June 2013, 15:14
- Human rights center of World Russian People's Council asks to recognize Judas and Jesus cartoon as extremist 17 June 2013, 15:07
- Prokhorov opposes homosexuality propaganda ban 17 June 2013, 13:14
- Secret religious schools with kidnapped pupils discovered in Tajikistan 17 June 2013, 12:33
- Patriarch Kirill visits Estonia 15 June 2013, 12:53
- To invite priest to a wedding in "en vogue" in China 14 June 2013, 14:09
- Female painter decorates a church in Volgograd Region on her own 14 June 2013, 14:08
- One of United Russia leaders slams Western criticism of gay propaganda bill 14 June 2013, 10:07
- Man goes on the rampage in Moscow church 14 June 2013, 10:02
- Putin says important to preserve interethnic, interreligious peace in Russia 13 June 2013, 18:02
- Same-sex unions may become European value – Russian MP 13 June 2013, 17:31
- Decision to transfer Schneerson library to Tolerance Center is Solomon's decision - Russia's chief rabbi 13 June 2013, 17:10
- Putin hopes that transferring Schneerson library to Jewish Museum will resolve issue (updated) 13 June 2013, 16:22
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Estonia 13 June 2013, 13:29
- Russia will reject Germany's criticism of homosexuality propaganda bill - Duma deputy 13 June 2013, 10:04
- Russian LGBT leader to sue co-author of bill on fines for homosexual propaganda 13 June 2013, 10:02
- Putin says he, his wife were not married in church 11 June 2013, 20:04
- Bill on fines for homosexual propaganda among minors passes Duma 11 June 2013, 19:55
- Duma passes bill criminalizing insults to religious believer's feelings (updated) 11 June 2013, 17:45
- Head of Muslim Union of Kazakhstan released after seven days 11 June 2013, 17:42
- Most Russians want propaganda of homosexuality to be banned – poll 11 June 2013, 15:47
- OIC to continue working on legitimization of Palestinian state 11 June 2013, 15:43
- HRW urges Russia not to pass bill banning propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations 11 June 2013, 11:56
- Covert Islamic group leader convicted in Uzbekistan 10 June 2013, 16:19
- State Duma to ban adoptions of children by same-sex couples next week 10 June 2013, 14:26
- Anti-clerical rally held in Tomsk 10 June 2013, 10:04
- Monks shouldn't use Internet - Patriarch Kirill 10 June 2013, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill: Russia-Greece relations rest on Orthodoxy 10 June 2013, 10:00