27 April 2012, 17:39
Patriarch Kirill makes an official visit to the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
Moscow, April 27, Interfax - Official visit of Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia takes place on April 27-29.
This visit, the first of Patriarch Kirill to Bulgaria as the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church, will be the fourth one in the series of his visits to the Local Orthodox Churches. His Holiness visited the Church of Constantinople in 2009, the Church of Alexandria in 2010, and the Church of Antioch in 2011.
The programme of Patriarch Kirill’s visit includes a meeting with His Holiness Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria and members of the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.
On April 29, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and His Holiness Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria will celebrate the Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral Church of St. Alexander Nevsky in Sofia.
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill will visit the Metochion of the Russian Orthodox Church in Sofia and meet with the compatriots living in Bulgaria.
Also planned are meetings with state authorities of the Republic of Bulgaria.
The Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church will visit Plovdiv, where he will celebrate a prayer service at the Church of St. Marina and lay wreaths at the memorial to Russian soldiers who died at the Battle of Philippopolis and at the memorial to the Soviet soldiers known as Alyosha.
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill will visit Sofia University of Cultural Heritage to rake part in the presentation of his books, A Pastor’s Word and Freedom and Responsibility in the Bulgarian language.
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11
- FEMEN activist strips near Kiev Laura of the Caves against dictatorship 02 December 2013, 10:09
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin advises Orthodox countries not to adopt Western democracy models 29 November 2013, 10:05
- Minaret built in Georgian village at night 29 November 2013, 10:03
- Hizb ut-Tahrir recruiter detained in Kyrgyzstan 28 November 2013, 12:03
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Patriarch Kirill expressed concerns about exodus by Christians from Iraq 27 November 2013, 14:29
- 15 At Takfir Wal-Hijra members detained in Moscow - Interior Ministry 27 November 2013, 10:24
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Russian Church calls for broad debate of idea for special role of Orthodox faith in Constitution 27 November 2013, 10:01
- Putin, pontiff compare positions on global affairs - Russian Orthodox Church cleric 26 November 2013, 14:59
- Russian president's meeting with Pope Francis lasted longer than planned 26 November 2013, 10:16
- Special role of Orthodox Church should be stated in Constitution - Nilov 26 November 2013, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill opposed to any forms of convergence of Church and state 25 November 2013, 14:36
- Human rights ombudsman criticizes idea to include premise on Orthodoxy's role in Russia in constitution 25 November 2013, 10:16