27 April 2012, 17:39
Patriarch Kirill makes an official visit to the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
Moscow, April 27, Interfax - Official visit of Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia takes place on April 27-29.
This visit, the first of Patriarch Kirill to Bulgaria as the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church, will be the fourth one in the series of his visits to the Local Orthodox Churches. His Holiness visited the Church of Constantinople in 2009, the Church of Alexandria in 2010, and the Church of Antioch in 2011.
The programme of Patriarch Kirill’s visit includes a meeting with His Holiness Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria and members of the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.
On April 29, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and His Holiness Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria will celebrate the Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral Church of St. Alexander Nevsky in Sofia.
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill will visit the Metochion of the Russian Orthodox Church in Sofia and meet with the compatriots living in Bulgaria.
Also planned are meetings with state authorities of the Republic of Bulgaria.
The Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church will visit Plovdiv, where he will celebrate a prayer service at the Church of St. Marina and lay wreaths at the memorial to Russian soldiers who died at the Battle of Philippopolis and at the memorial to the Soviet soldiers known as Alyosha.
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill will visit Sofia University of Cultural Heritage to rake part in the presentation of his books, A Pastor’s Word and Freedom and Responsibility in the Bulgarian language.
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57
- Adult adopted children of arrested Orenburg priest don't believe accusations against him 30 September 2019, 13:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't need autocephaly - church head 30 September 2019, 11:57
- Russian Church welcomes the news about reunion with "Russia exarchate" clerics 30 September 2019, 10:37
- Putin greets Russian Jews on Rosh Hashanah 30 September 2019, 10:30
- Absolute majority of Russian Exarchate clerics in Europe join Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2019, 19:42