24 May 2012, 11:17
Kaliningrad region may pass anti-gay law
Kaliningrad, May 24, Interfax - The Kaliningrad region's parliament will consider an amendment to the region's Code of Administrative Violations, which envisions fines for "homosexual propaganda" and pedophilia.
"Parliamentarian Oleg Bolychev suggested adding two articles to the region's Code of Administrative Violations. The first envisions punishment for spreading propaganda of homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgenderism among minors," the region's parliament told Interfax.
The parliamentarian, who is officially a millionaire, co-owner of the Vester retail chain and the father of many children, proposes a fine in an amount of 3,000-5,000 rubles for private individuals, 30,000-50,000 rubles for officials, and 500,000 to 1 million rubles for legal entities.
Bolychev defines public actions aimed at promoting pedophilia as "activities aimed at deliberate and uncontrolled dissemination of information cultivating in society distorted ideas of compliance with social norms of intimate relations between people who are of legal age and minors."
The parliamentarian interprets propaganda of homosexuality, bisexuality and transgender as "deliberate and uncontrolled dissemination of information capable of harming the health, moral and spiritual development of minors, including cultivating in them distorted ideas of social equality and traditional and non-traditional marriage relations."
The amendments proposed by the parliamentarian have already been approved by the Kaliningrad region's government and the Justice Ministry Department for the Kaliningrad region.
The amendment will be considered by the region's parliamentary committee on security and law and order in the nearest future.
- Leader of Christian State Kalinin may be prosecuted for fomenting hostility - police source 20 September 2017, 18:29
- Putin congratulates Jews on Jewish New Year 20 September 2017, 18:26
- Putin expects that Jewish community will promote religious tolerance in Russia 20 September 2017, 15:57
- Three people suspected of setting fire to cars outside office of Matilda director's lawyer detained 20 September 2017, 14:21
- Kazakhstan plans to set up own school of Islamic studies 19 September 2017, 10:12
- Blogger Sokolovsky's lawyer contests sentence in Sverdlovsk region court 18 September 2017, 14:15
- Navalny's volunteer gets 2 years for religious affiliation 18 September 2017, 14:13
- Kadyrov publishes address by Chechen man imprisoned in Iraq calling on Muslims not to join ISIL 18 September 2017, 11:29
- Turkish terrorists lived in house of Georgian patriarch for several months - Rustavi 2 18 September 2017, 10:00
- Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia decide to cooperate to promote tolerance, counterterrorism 15 September 2017, 11:54
- Russian police ready to curb provocations, ensure security of Matilda film viewers 14 September 2017, 17:21
- Umayyad Mosque in Syria's Aleppo to be restored with Kadyrov Fund money 13 September 2017, 11:52
- FJCR building in suspected Molotov cocktail attack 13 September 2017, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witnesses ask Supreme Court to reverse ruling declaring them extremists 12 September 2017, 16:55
- Victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks commemorated in Moscow 12 September 2017, 12:04
- No more need for rallies supporting Myanmar Muslims – Kadyrov 11 September 2017, 10:33
- Over 100 people rallying in support for Myanmar's Muslims detained on Palace Square in St. Petersburg 11 September 2017, 10:06
- Erdogan urges Islamic countries to show determination in resolving Myanmar conflict 11 September 2017, 10:00
- Canada should be asked about reports on plans to take gays from Chechnya - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 13:48
- Pressure on Myanmar leadership only to escalate tensions - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 12:17
- Russian Orthodox Church warns Ukrainian president against meddling in Church's internal affairs 07 September 2017, 18:15
- Catholicos of All Armenians heading for Moscow to take part in Karabakh meeting 07 September 2017, 17:00
- Organizer of picket in defense of Rohingya offers to meet Myanmar ambassador to Russia 07 September 2017, 15:20
- Ukraine has right to have autonomous church – Poroshenko 07 September 2017, 12:08
- Moscow authorities deny authorization to picket near Myanmar embassy 07 September 2017, 12:06
- First Turkish aid to Myanmar's Rohingya Muslims to be delivered Thursday - Turkish Red Crescent head 06 September 2017, 19:08
- Tbilisi court sentences priest found guilty of trying to kill patriarch's secretary to 9 years 05 September 2017, 18:17
- Putin against any violence in Myanmar, does not see Kadyrov's remarks as oppositional, asks everyone to calm down 05 September 2017, 10:41
- Russian, Egyptian presidents concerned about situation in Myanmar – Peskov 04 September 2017, 18:56
- Mufti Gainutdin calls on Muslims to participate only in authorized actions following events in Myanmar 04 September 2017, 18:53