20 June 2012, 10:38
Russian Church to enlighten Chinese and strengthen Orthodoxy in PRC
Moscow, June 20, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate intends to strengthen positions of Orthodoxy in China.
"We're holding a rather difficult dialogue to normalize position of the Chinese Autonomous Orthodox Church. There were periods of flourishing and decay in its history, today much has been destroyed, but something still survived," head of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations (DECR) Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk said visiting the Khabarovsk Theological Seminary.
He said the Russian Church worked with Chinese leaders to open the churches that had been closed and to fill already opened churches "with the words of prayer so that our compatriots and Chinese citizens can freely live their religious life."
"The Far East is a special territory, its Russia's eastern look out post on the border with the other great state. You should know your neighbor well, his culture, people and language," the hierarch told seminarians, expressing hope that they will be enlighteners of those Chinese who strive to learn more about Orthodox faith when staying in Russia.
Metropolitan Ignaty of Khabarovsk and Amur Region told Metropolitan Hilarion that a new branch was set up in the seminary to train specialists on the Chinese language and culture and asked help in this undertaking.
Metropolitan Hilarion also met with the head of the Khabarovsk Territory Vyacheslav Shport who reminded that when Patriarch Kirill was a metropolitan he participated in church life of the city, for instance, in taking the decision where to build the Transfiguration Cathedral. The governor conveyed an official invitation to the Primate to visit the region.
Metropolitan Hilarion left Khbarovsk for Beijing.
- Politicians stand in way of Orthodox unification in Ukraine - head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church 23 September 2016, 17:46
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes monks for their passion for luxury 22 September 2016, 16:47
- Court prolongs until mid December arrest of MSU student accused of attempt to join ISIL 22 September 2016, 15:28
- Russian chapel consecrated at a Syrian airbase 22 September 2016, 12:03
- Georgia's Orthodox Parents protest against pope visit 21 September 2016, 14:58
- The Russian Church accuses Ukrainian Greek-Catholics of attacks against it 21 September 2016, 13:46
- Russian citizen who received training in ISIL jihadist camps detained in Tatarstan 21 September 2016, 13:43
- Orthodox believers of New York send a container with humanitarian aid to Donbass 21 September 2016, 12:51
- Renowned German political expert believes Christianity is a foundation of European future 21 September 2016, 10:01
- Some 300,000 Russian pilgrims visit Israel in space of year - Patriarch Kirill 20 September 2016, 14:52
- Russian Supreme Court outlaws Aum Shinrikyo 20 September 2016, 12:00
- Azerbaijan counts on efficiency of OIC Contact Group for Karabakh 20 September 2016, 11:49
- Radical Islam present big problem for region – Israel 20 September 2016, 11:15
- Barbie is not likely to pass expertise in EurAsEC countries 19 September 2016, 18:43
- Old icons taken from Russia in wartime conveyed to the Berlin Diocese 19 September 2016, 10:23
- Patriarch Kirill gives the Pope of Rome a particle of St. Seraphim relics 16 September 2016, 11:55
- Russian journalists detained in Kosovo while filming footage about Orthodox churches 16 September 2016, 11:00
- Schismatic priest moves out Donbass refugees from a hospice not far from Kiev 15 September 2016, 18:01
- Putin and Medvedev for preserving archeological artifacts from Crimea where many ancient Greek temples were located 15 September 2016, 17:35
- Schismatics and nationalists seize a church in western Ukraine 15 September 2016, 10:58
- 70% of pregnancies end in abortions in Russia - expert 14 September 2016, 16:32
- Ukrainian Constitutional Court permits public religious services without authorization 14 September 2016, 11:18
- Pope to visit Azerbaijan in early October 14 September 2016, 11:07
- St. Seraphim relics to be conveyed to the International Space Station 14 September 2016, 10:43
- Russian Supreme Court to consider a plaint to ban Aum Shinrikyo 14 September 2016, 10:00
- Moscow Patriarchate's Ukrainian Orthodox Church accuses law enforcement agencies of pressure on its clergy 13 September 2016, 17:57
- Uzbekistan to have Islam Karimov mosque 13 September 2016, 17:13
- Kazakh president signs decree on setting up ministry for religious affairs 13 September 2016, 17:02
- Schismatics destroyed a building of unfinished UOC church 13 September 2016, 12:26
- Holy relics from Vatican to be conveyed to a church in the Nizhny Novgorod Region 12 September 2016, 15:44