20 June 2012, 10:38
Russian Church to enlighten Chinese and strengthen Orthodoxy in PRC
Moscow, June 20, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate intends to strengthen positions of Orthodoxy in China.
"We're holding a rather difficult dialogue to normalize position of the Chinese Autonomous Orthodox Church. There were periods of flourishing and decay in its history, today much has been destroyed, but something still survived," head of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations (DECR) Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk said visiting the Khabarovsk Theological Seminary.
He said the Russian Church worked with Chinese leaders to open the churches that had been closed and to fill already opened churches "with the words of prayer so that our compatriots and Chinese citizens can freely live their religious life."
"The Far East is a special territory, its Russia's eastern look out post on the border with the other great state. You should know your neighbor well, his culture, people and language," the hierarch told seminarians, expressing hope that they will be enlighteners of those Chinese who strive to learn more about Orthodox faith when staying in Russia.
Metropolitan Ignaty of Khabarovsk and Amur Region told Metropolitan Hilarion that a new branch was set up in the seminary to train specialists on the Chinese language and culture and asked help in this undertaking.
Metropolitan Hilarion also met with the head of the Khabarovsk Territory Vyacheslav Shport who reminded that when Patriarch Kirill was a metropolitan he participated in church life of the city, for instance, in taking the decision where to build the Transfiguration Cathedral. The governor conveyed an official invitation to the Primate to visit the region.
Metropolitan Hilarion left Khbarovsk for Beijing.
- Leader of Christian State Kalinin may be prosecuted for fomenting hostility - police source 20 September 2017, 18:29
- Putin congratulates Jews on Jewish New Year 20 September 2017, 18:26
- Putin expects that Jewish community will promote religious tolerance in Russia 20 September 2017, 15:57
- Three people suspected of setting fire to cars outside office of Matilda director's lawyer detained 20 September 2017, 14:21
- Kazakhstan plans to set up own school of Islamic studies 19 September 2017, 10:12
- Blogger Sokolovsky's lawyer contests sentence in Sverdlovsk region court 18 September 2017, 14:15
- Navalny's volunteer gets 2 years for religious affiliation 18 September 2017, 14:13
- Kadyrov publishes address by Chechen man imprisoned in Iraq calling on Muslims not to join ISIL 18 September 2017, 11:29
- Turkish terrorists lived in house of Georgian patriarch for several months - Rustavi 2 18 September 2017, 10:00
- Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia decide to cooperate to promote tolerance, counterterrorism 15 September 2017, 11:54
- Russian police ready to curb provocations, ensure security of Matilda film viewers 14 September 2017, 17:21
- Umayyad Mosque in Syria's Aleppo to be restored with Kadyrov Fund money 13 September 2017, 11:52
- FJCR building in suspected Molotov cocktail attack 13 September 2017, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witnesses ask Supreme Court to reverse ruling declaring them extremists 12 September 2017, 16:55
- Victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks commemorated in Moscow 12 September 2017, 12:04
- No more need for rallies supporting Myanmar Muslims – Kadyrov 11 September 2017, 10:33
- Over 100 people rallying in support for Myanmar's Muslims detained on Palace Square in St. Petersburg 11 September 2017, 10:06
- Erdogan urges Islamic countries to show determination in resolving Myanmar conflict 11 September 2017, 10:00
- Canada should be asked about reports on plans to take gays from Chechnya - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 13:48
- Pressure on Myanmar leadership only to escalate tensions - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 12:17
- Russian Orthodox Church warns Ukrainian president against meddling in Church's internal affairs 07 September 2017, 18:15
- Catholicos of All Armenians heading for Moscow to take part in Karabakh meeting 07 September 2017, 17:00
- Organizer of picket in defense of Rohingya offers to meet Myanmar ambassador to Russia 07 September 2017, 15:20
- Ukraine has right to have autonomous church – Poroshenko 07 September 2017, 12:08
- Moscow authorities deny authorization to picket near Myanmar embassy 07 September 2017, 12:06
- First Turkish aid to Myanmar's Rohingya Muslims to be delivered Thursday - Turkish Red Crescent head 06 September 2017, 19:08
- Tbilisi court sentences priest found guilty of trying to kill patriarch's secretary to 9 years 05 September 2017, 18:17
- Putin against any violence in Myanmar, does not see Kadyrov's remarks as oppositional, asks everyone to calm down 05 September 2017, 10:41
- Russian, Egyptian presidents concerned about situation in Myanmar – Peskov 04 September 2017, 18:56
- Mufti Gainutdin calls on Muslims to participate only in authorized actions following events in Myanmar 04 September 2017, 18:53