22 June 2012, 17:34
Breguet denies its representative participated in awarding Patriarch Kirill with the Silver Galosh
Moscow, June 22, Interfax - The Breguet company denies that its representative participated in the ceremony Silver Galosh anti-prize that was given to Patriarch Kirill.
"A person who was introduced as Phillip Balle at the Silver Galosh ceremony organized by the Silver Rain radio station on June 18, 2012, has never had anything to do with the Montres Breguet SA Switzerland nor with any company or brand incorporated in the Swatch Group," the company said in its statement published on Friday by the Kommersant daily.
It also reads that the company is "extremely outraged by such developments and "conducts a special investigation in order to make an official claim to the organizers of the above mentioned ceremony and official demand to make a public statement that the Montres Breguet SA (Switzerland) has never participated in this ceremony."
"Montres Breguet SA (Switzerland) also announced that no one has right to present himself as a representative of the Montres Breguet SA without properly established power. The Montres Breguet SA (Switzerland) will take all necessary legal measures to provide it," the statement stresses.
The Silver Rain awarding ceremony for most doubtful achievements took place in Moscow on June 18. The Patriarch won the nomination Up to one’s elbows in miracles for the "immaculate disappearance of a watch." A man who was introduced as Philip Balle, a Breguet representative, came up to the stage to give out the award.
Several years ago some websites posted a photo that displayed Breguet watch on the Patriarch's hand. Patriarch was criticized for liking material goods. The Patriarch said it was a collage, while his watches was not expensive.
The second notorious story with "the Patriarch's watch" took place in April. Bloggers paid attention that a photo from the Patriarch's meeting with Justice Minister Alexander Konovalov was changed at the website of the Russian Church: there was watch on the Patriarch's hand reflected at the table where he is sitting while there was no watch on his hand. This situation raised a lot of perplexed comments from the Internet users.
The patriarchal press service stated that staff members of its photo branch made a "ridiculous mistake" when working with an archive posted on the website. Many people thought it was an attempt to airbrush the Patriarch's expensive watch.
- Russian Church has established a day of remembrance for the victims of repression 27 September 2021, 11:06
- Russian Orthodox Church considering accepting Alexandria clergy who don't want to recognize Ukrainian schism 24 September 2021, 17:40
- Patriarch of Constantinople who visited Kiev has no right to speak on behalf of Orthodox world - Russian Church 24 September 2021, 17:24
- Russian Prosecutor General's Office designates two Scientology organizations undesirable 24 September 2021, 16:58
- Five Jehovah's Witnesses convicted in Russia's Volgograd Region 24 September 2021, 10:10
- Court dismisses appeal against forcible treatment of Yakutia shaman Gabyshev 23 September 2021, 15:22
- FJCR calls on Ukrainian authorities to expand definition of anti-Semitism 23 September 2021, 15:18
- Krasny Pakhar Jamaat added to Russian list of terrorist groups 22 September 2021, 16:29
- Ukraine adopts law on fight against anti-Semitism 22 September 2021, 13:38
- Afghanistan must form inclusive govt - SCO summit declaration 17 September 2021, 17:12
- Patriarch Kirill doubts legitimacy of authority of Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople 16 September 2021, 16:38
- Jehovah's Witness jailed for 3 years in Kostroma 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witness from Pskov Region gets suspended sentence 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Putin notes contribution of Jewish religious organizations to interethnic peace, accord 06 September 2021, 14:26
- Metropolitan Hilarion compared Patriarch Bartholomew to a robber and a thief 06 September 2021, 10:52
- Russian Church concerned about the fate of Christians in Afghanistan 06 September 2021, 10:43
- Supporters of radical Islam held in Tula 06 September 2021, 10:36
- Defrocked priest Sergy's supporter remanded in custody – court 02 September 2021, 18:13
- More than 5.5 thousand clerics and monks of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia have been ill with coronavirus 02 September 2021, 14:36
- More than 2.5 million people have visited the Jewish Museum in Moscow during its nine years of operation 02 September 2021, 14:31
- Lithuanian president promises not to allow LGBT history to be taught in schools 02 September 2021, 14:25
- Associate of former schema-hegumen Sergy detained in hatred fanning case 01 September 2021, 15:26
- Complaints about threats from Male State community should be processed by law enforcement agencies - Peskov 31 August 2021, 14:57
- Taliban to present themselves as less radical to get investments – expert 31 August 2021, 13:45
- Russian Justice Ministry adds 4 Ukrainian and Latvian religious movements to list of groups undesirable in Russia 30 August 2021, 18:12
- The church historian called the results of Patriarch Bartholomew's visit to Ukraine deplorable 30 August 2021, 16:04
- More than 500 Orthodox churches to be built in Moscow 30 August 2021, 11:07
- Russian authorities to check the construction of a closed "halal" village near Moscow 30 August 2021, 10:49
- Patriarch Kirill calls the visit of the Constantinople primate to Kiev sinful 30 August 2021, 10:40
- Organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 26 August 2021, 15:55