14 August 2012, 12:42
Patriarch Kirill to visit Poland
Moscow, August 14, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia will pay a visit to Poland on August 16-19 at the invitation of Metropolitan Savva of Warsaw.
"This will be the first visit by the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church to the Polish Orthodox Church. No doubt, this event will play a central role in maintaining good and Christian relations between our peoples," deacon Alexander Volkov, the head of the Patriarch's press service, told Interfax-Religion on Tuesday.
During his visit, Patriarch Kirill will serve church services together with the head and the clergy of the Polish Orthodox Church. A prayer will be conducted in the Church of St. Mary Magdalene in Warsaw on August 16.
The main services will take place the Transfiguration Day and on the Transfiguration Day, August 19, on the Holy Mount of Grabarka, one of the most celebrated holy places in Poland. "Many pilgrims who come to this place every day for the Transfiguration Day will come there," the source said.
"The Primates of the Russian and Polish Orthodox Churches will conduct a divine service there on the holiday, which will become the main event of the Patriarch's visit," he said.
Patriarch Kirill will also visit Polish churches and monasteries, where he will meet and pray together with Polish believers.
"Bearing in mind the importance of the protection of traditional Christian values and culture in modern Europe and the common tasks that ensue from this, the Holy Patriarch and Metropolitan Jozef Michalik, the head of the Polish Episcopal Conference, will sign a joint address to the people of Russia and Poland," Father Alexander said.
He also said the document will call for the development of brotherly relations between the people of Russia and Poland, "in whose life Christian faith plays a central role."
The Patriarch is also expected to meet with top Polish officials during his visit.
- Russian prosecutors seeking to shut down Church of Last Testament 25 September 2020, 17:34
- Patriarch awards Lavrov the church order of Glory and Honor 23 September 2020, 18:35
- Followers of Church of the Last Testament gave part of their income to sect every month - source 23 September 2020, 18:29
- Two followers in Vissarion's community developed mental disorders - source 23 September 2020, 18:18
- Court arrests 3 leaders of Krasnoyarsk Church of the Last Testament 23 September 2020, 13:07
- Putin bestows Order for Merit to Fatherland, 1st degree on oldest ruling bishop of Russian Orthodox Church 22 September 2020, 17:38
- Berel Lazar invited to Bahrain 22 September 2020, 13:18
- Russian Church wishes Depardieu to stop on Orthodoxy in his spiritual search 21 September 2020, 15:39
- Forty percent of Russia support Lenin reburial, 1 out of every 5 say his body should stay in Mausoleum - poll 18 September 2020, 20:44
- FJCR head views Hasidic pilgrims attempting to enter Ukraine as 'violence against common sense' 18 September 2020, 18:31
- Zelensky's Rosh Hashanah greeting expresses hope for return to normal rhythm of life next year 18 September 2020, 18:26
- No Hasidic pilgrims left on Belarusian-Ukrainian border 18 September 2020, 18:23
- The FJCR calls a huge breakthrough recognition of Israel in the Arab Emirates and Bahrain 18 September 2020, 16:46
- Case opened against 2 Baltic Fleet servicemen who washed shoes in holy spring in Orthodox chapel 18 September 2020, 16:32
- Hasidic pilgrims initially heading to Uman begin leaving Belarusian-Ukrainian border 18 September 2020, 12:15
- Putin notes Russian Jewish community's role in countering Covid-19, in strengthening peace and accord 18 September 2020, 11:17
- Some 1,000 Hasidic pilgrims expecting permission to enter Ukraine from Belarus 17 September 2020, 15:30
- Minsk accuses Kiev of empty rhetoric, urges it to respect rights of Hasidic pilgrims 17 September 2020, 10:39
- Kiev calls on Belarusian authorities to ensure Hasidic pilgrims adhere to quarantine regulations 16 September 2020, 20:27
- Ukraine urges Belarus to stop raising tensions on border, not to make false statements to Hasidic pilgrims (updated) 16 September 2020, 17:18
- Ukraine closes checkpoint on border with Belarus near which Hasidic pilgrims gathering 16 September 2020, 15:35
- Ukraine unable to let in additional numbers of Hasidic pilgrims due to current situation - Foreign Ministry 16 September 2020, 10:45
- Minsk seeks to agree with Ukraine on green corridor for Hasidic pilgrims 16 September 2020, 10:43
- Pope of Rome to consider possibility of visiting Belarus 16 September 2020, 10:42
- Vatican insists on Archbishop Kondrusiewicz's return to Belarus 16 September 2020, 10:40
- Tents set up for Hasidic pilgrims gathering on Belarus' border with Ukraine 15 September 2020, 20:00
- Archbishop Kondrusiewicz deprived of Belarusian passport, not citizenship 15 September 2020, 18:45
- Ukraine asks Belarus not to allow Hasidic pilgrims gathering at border to cross it 15 September 2020, 18:20
- Man brought down from roof of Alexander Nevsky Monastery in St. Petersburg 14 September 2020, 19:02
- Man on roof of St. Petersburg's Alexander Nevsky Monastery for over ten hours refused to come down 14 September 2020, 15:23