27 August 2012, 10:03
Estonian parliamentarian may be punished for supporting Pussy Riot
Tallin, August 27, Interfax - The authorities of the Estonian city Narva intend to punish Juku-Kalle Raid, a parliamentarian and editor-in-chief of the newspaper KesKus, for organizing an action to support the punk group Pussy Riot.
The authorities believe Raid has ignored the ban on the action on the territory of the Narva Museum, Alexander Ludwig acting deputy mayor of Narva, told the portal Rus.err.ee.
On Saturday morning, a group of young people wearing balaclavas led by Raid put a pro-Pussy Riot poster on the museum's bastion Victoria. The protesters earlier intended to put the poster on the wall of the Narva Fortress, but the city museum prohibited that, saying "the action has no relation to the mission of the museum." "In addition, this action was not authorized by the city administration and the museum," the museum said in a press release.
The poster, which was written in English, Russian, and Estonian, was on the wall of the bastion for some two hours before it was taken down by Narva residents.
"A meeting will be held in the city council on Monday, August 27, to decide what measures the city will take on the parliamentarian who has violated the ban," Ludwig said.
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29
- President and patriarch opens a monument to victims of repressions in Moscow 31 October 2017, 10:52
- Patriarch Kirill fears total control over people via gadgets 31 October 2017, 10:28