01 October 2012, 10:19
Nearly 40% of Russians justify Islamic anger with Innocence of Muslims - poll
Moscow, October 1, Interfax - 62% of Russians are aware of the Innocence of Muslims scandalous film released in the United States. 33% of them have heard a lot about the film, and 6% are monitoring the situation closely, the Levada Center told Interfax.
39% of the respondents learned about the film in the poll of 1,601 persons in 45 regions of Russia on September 21-24.
44% of the respondents said they wanted to see that film, and 47% refused to do that.
39% of the respondents said that Islamic protests against the film were founded, 27% said it would be hard to call the protests founded, and 11% said that the protests had no excuse. 23% of the respondents could not answer the question.
56% agreed that "it served right the Americans, who bore consequences of the Arab Spring they had inspired." 18% expressed a different opinion.
Russians were divided over the refusal of the YouTube management to remove the video from the video hosting site. 40% sided with the YouTube position, 41% opposed it, and 29% could not answer the question.
The Innocence of Muslims film triggered a series of protests throughout the Islamic world. There were pogroms and burning of the U.S. flag.
The Russian Prosecutor General's Office said it was determined to ban the film distribution in the country. The access to YouTube has been blocked repeatedly in various regions of Russia. Pavel Durov, the owner and founder of the Vkontakte social network, removed the film from the social network on September 27 without waiting for court hearings on the film's ban to begin.
- Church official: scientologists, Jehovah's Witnesses are American agents 30 January 2015, 17:35
- Russian Supreme Court says North Caucasian jihadists fighting for ISIL 30 January 2015, 16:14
- Russians find publication of blasphemous cartoons unacceptable - poll 30 January 2015, 15:11
- Klitschko overturns decision to strip Moscow Patriarchate of tax break 30 January 2015, 10:17
- Russian citizens find publication of cartoons insulting people's religious feelings unacceptable - poll 30 January 2015, 10:16
- Church to commemorate perished Russian sailors to be build in Japan 30 January 2015, 10:08
- Kyrgyz protest against Prophet Muhammad cartoons calls for boycott of French perfumes 29 January 2015, 14:14
- Russians are against religious cartoons - poll 28 January 2015, 17:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about church arsons in Ukraine 28 January 2015, 14:17
- Rabbi Lazar thanks WWII veterans for saving world from fascism 28 January 2015, 10:02
- Police bust female extremist cell in southern Kyrgyzstan 27 January 2015, 17:54
- Church set on fire in Kiev 27 January 2015, 16:19
- Russia calls for inquiry into Babi Yar church arson 27 January 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill condemns cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 26 January 2015, 18:45
- Over two thirds of Russians aware of Charlie Hebdo attack - poll 26 January 2015, 17:08
- Church torched in Babi Yar 26 January 2015, 16:40
- Some 3,000 strong protest in Jalal-Abad against Muhammad caricatures 26 January 2015, 14:47
- Roskomnadzor issues warning to newspaper RBC for publishing images offensive to Muslims 26 January 2015, 12:10
- Peskov would like "Leviathan" movie to be released in Russia 26 January 2015, 10:06
- Duma calls on journalists not to incite religious hatred 26 January 2015, 10:05
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03