01 October 2012, 10:19
Nearly 40% of Russians justify Islamic anger with Innocence of Muslims - poll
Moscow, October 1, Interfax - 62% of Russians are aware of the Innocence of Muslims scandalous film released in the United States. 33% of them have heard a lot about the film, and 6% are monitoring the situation closely, the Levada Center told Interfax.
39% of the respondents learned about the film in the poll of 1,601 persons in 45 regions of Russia on September 21-24.
44% of the respondents said they wanted to see that film, and 47% refused to do that.
39% of the respondents said that Islamic protests against the film were founded, 27% said it would be hard to call the protests founded, and 11% said that the protests had no excuse. 23% of the respondents could not answer the question.
56% agreed that "it served right the Americans, who bore consequences of the Arab Spring they had inspired." 18% expressed a different opinion.
Russians were divided over the refusal of the YouTube management to remove the video from the video hosting site. 40% sided with the YouTube position, 41% opposed it, and 29% could not answer the question.
The Innocence of Muslims film triggered a series of protests throughout the Islamic world. There were pogroms and burning of the U.S. flag.
The Russian Prosecutor General's Office said it was determined to ban the film distribution in the country. The access to YouTube has been blocked repeatedly in various regions of Russia. Pavel Durov, the owner and founder of the Vkontakte social network, removed the film from the social network on September 27 without waiting for court hearings on the film's ban to begin.
- Every second Russian supports censorship online - survey 04 August 2015, 10:09
- Gay activist faces trial in kilt in St. Petersburg 04 August 2015, 10:08
- Russian Public Chamber reports creation of hotline to fight ISIS recruiters 04 August 2015, 10:04
- New head of Tauric Chersonesos preserve among reasons for accelerating its transfer to federal authority - Russian presidential advisor 03 August 2015, 10:47
- Tauric Chersonesos Nature Preserve in Crimea to be transferred to federal authority, included in especially valuable cultural heritage list 03 August 2015, 10:00
- Former Moscow Patriarchate employee charged with treason to remain in custody until October 31 July 2015, 17:44
- Russia's Muslims expect Islamic world leaders at cathedral mosque opening ceremony in Moscow 31 July 2015, 10:02
- IS militants could include tens of thousands of Europeans - EU official 31 July 2015, 10:01
- Patriarch Kirill calls murders of priest and nun in Kiev outrageous 30 July 2015, 10:04
- Nun of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate murdered in Kiev 29 July 2015, 18:01
- Islamic State recruits people worldwide – Bortnikov 29 July 2015, 11:46
- FSB director calls for discreditation of Islamists' leaders 29 July 2015, 11:10
- Priest attacked in Kiev dies 29 July 2015, 10:44
- Poroshenko promises no state interference in forming united local Ukrainian Orthodox Church 29 July 2015, 10:02
- Ex-leader of Bashkir national movement jailed for three years for religious extremism 28 July 2015, 12:16
- Russia to continue Donbass peace efforts in response to Patriarch Kirill's message - the Kremlin 28 July 2015, 12:14
- Kremlin to host presidential reception in honor of Baptizer of Russia 28 July 2015, 11:39
- Patriarch Kirill launches anti-war appeal to Putin, Poroshenko on eve of Russia Christianization Day (updated) 27 July 2015, 18:16
- Kiev priest attack must not remain unpunished - Moscow Patriarchate 27 July 2015, 17:25
- Chelyabinsk Islamist gets 5-year sentence 27 July 2015, 17:02
- Wahabi from Dagestan detained with ammo, heroin on bus to Moscow 27 July 2015, 16:59
- Moscow Patriarchate priest badly wounded in Kiev 27 July 2015, 11:48
- Jews with synagogues on wheels to visit over 70 cities of Russia 27 July 2015, 10:34
- Arkhangelsk authorities ban LGBT event on Airborne Troops Day 27 July 2015, 10:11
- Georgian Patriarch successfully operated on in Germany 27 July 2015, 10:00
- Chapel or memorial sign to appear in place of collapsed barracks in Omsk 24 July 2015, 12:45
- Kyrgyz PM proposes to build special prison for religious extremists 24 July 2015, 11:42
- Russian Orthodox Church urges authorities against leaving people without ideological "wheel and sails" 23 July 2015, 15:40
- Valaam abbot gives up Internet, suggests restricting use of smartphones in monasteries 23 July 2015, 10:01
- No way back to Chechnya for those joining Islamic State – Kadyrov 22 July 2015, 12:23