01 October 2012, 14:32
State will keep believers safe from attacks - Kremlin
Moscow, October 1, Interfax - The government will keep believers safe from attacks, said Kremlin chief of staff Sergey Ivanov.
"The state will use the force of law in its entirety to defend our citizens' religious feelings and our national and spiritual values from blasphemy and insult," Ivanov said in Moscow on Monday, opening the 16th Frontiers of History - Frontiers of Russia World Russian People's Assembly.
History must be remembered, including the dramatic 20th century history, "when erosion of the spiritual foundations marked the beginning of the nation's breakup and plunge into revolutions, tremors and civil confrontation," he said.
The Russian Church has amassed unique experience of cooperating with the state, which helps "tackle social and educational tasks successfully, to maintain stability and ethnic peace, and to counter extremist sentiment and manifestations of xenophobia and religious intolerance," Ivanov said.
"The Russian people and Russian couture have always been the backbone of the Russian state, while the Russian Orthodox Church and other traditional religions have always been its spiritual foothold," he said.
- Russia issued seven warnings over inciting national and religious enmity in 2014 23 April 2014, 15:36
- Yatsenyuk has yet to decide whether he will go to the Vatican 23 April 2014, 10:00
- Lukashenko cites Bible during address, calls for national unity 22 April 2014, 14:36
- Leader of the Ukrainian Union of Orthodox citizens is proclaimed people’s president of Novorossia Republic 21 April 2014, 18:09
- No religious fanatics ever existed in Kazakhstan - Nazarbayev 18 April 2014, 17:14
- Doctors of Rostov clinic refuse abortions for Easter week 18 April 2014, 16:29
- Church official hopes that West hears Putin’s call to build Europe basing on shared values 18 April 2014, 11:03
- Beijing: Islamists control regional drug trafficking routes 17 April 2014, 16:27
- Russian people, like Noah, urged not to let the world finally sink in sin, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 16 April 2014, 19:21
- Two chapels and baptistery set on fire in Ulyanovsk region 16 April 2014, 17:47
- Alleged ex-activist of Hizb ut-Tahrir going on trial in Moscow 16 April 2014, 17:11
- Gay parades not permitted in Sevastopol or Simferopol 16 April 2014, 16:59
- Two imams banned from mosque service in Kyrgyzstan 16 April 2014, 15:29
- Kadyrov wants to build a mosque in Sevastopol 16 April 2014, 11:49
- Murderer confessed in his crimes after becoming a believer 15 April 2014, 16:11
- Islamic radicals are unpopular in Crimea - expert 15 April 2014, 11:08
- Putin thanks Russia's chief rabbi for contribution in enhancing inter-confession peace 15 April 2014, 10:00
- About 170 tonnes of matzah made for Passover in Russia 14 April 2014, 10:08
- Two militants suspected killers of Dagestan village imam 14 April 2014, 10:00
- Odessa Diocese secretary moves to Moscow for fear of persecution 11 April 2014, 17:27
- WRPC Human Rights Center supports the idea of criminal proceedings against Gorbachev 11 April 2014, 16:31
- Group of Jehovah's Witnesses followers detained in Uzbekistan 11 April 2014, 14:23
- Roman Abramovich spends half million dollars on Passover celebrations 11 April 2014, 10:08
- Village mosque imam killed in Dagestan 11 April 2014, 10:00
- Russian oligarchs start a pilgrimage across Israeli desert 10 April 2014, 11:39
- Radical Islam followers from Europe, Central Asia fight for Syrian militants - Bortnikov 09 April 2014, 14:03
- Assailants of Dagestan madrasah teacher killed in police operation 09 April 2014, 11:24
- Iraqi Sharia court to try Bryansk pedagogue on earthenware smuggling counts 09 April 2014, 10:59
- Kostroma authorities to appeal court ruling over illegality of gay pride parade ban 09 April 2014, 10:13
- Terrorism, Wahhabism neutralized in Chechnya completely – Kadyrov 09 April 2014, 10:04