01 October 2012, 17:32
The approval rating of Patriarch Kirill is the highest in Russia
Moscow, October 1, Interfax - At the moment Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia is supported by 69% of respondents. According to the sociologists of Levada-Center, received by Interfax, it is the highest approval rating among the Russian politicians.
Only 28% of respondents criticized him. Also 73% of those polled announced their support for the activities of the Russian Orthodox Church, and 24% did not.
The work approval rating of Russian President Vladimir Putin has gained five percentage points in the past month, rising from 63% in August to 68% in September, Levada-Center sociologists told Interfax on Wednesday.
The number of respondents who disapprove of the president's policies decreased from 35% in August to 31% in September.
61% of those polled said they approved of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev's work (57% in August), and 38% criticized him (41% in August).
The number of respondents critical of the Russian government's performance has grown by five percentage points since May and stands at 51% in September, the sociologists said.
60% of those polled said they disapprove of the State Duma's work (55%).
Asked to name ten political figures they trust the most, 36% of respondents mentioned Putin, 23% - Medvedev, 10% - Moscow Region Governor Sergey Shoigu, 8% - Russian Liberal Democratic Party leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky, 8% - Communist Party chairman Gennady Zyuganov, 6% - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, 5% - businessman Mikhail Prokhorov, 4% - Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, 4% - a Just Russia party leader Sergey Mironov, and 4% - Federation Council Speaker Valentina Matviyenko.
22% of those polled said they do not trust any politician in Russia.
The public opinion survey was conducted in 45 Russian regions and involved 1,600 people.
- Three religious extremists detained in Kazan 20 February 2020, 18:30
- Putin calls to halt any religious discord 20 February 2020, 13:25
- All Russian Orthodox Church parishes in Southeast Asia to pray for riddance of coronavirus 19 February 2020, 18:41
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57
- Patriarch Kirill proposes mentioning God in Constitution 02 February 2020, 19:02
- Orthodox society active at Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem still has no info on property transfer to Russia 31 January 2020, 15:14